Most common vehicle with a 3.08 gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew_rhodes

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2010
mobile, al
I'm looking for a 3.08 gear for my 7.5" rear. I know what cars came with a 7.5, but I was wondering if there were any cars that are more likely to have the 3.08 in it? I would buy new, but this is for a budget class race car and I don't want to spend too much money on them. Thanks in advance.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I would theorize that El Caminos and wagons are the best bet. Probably V6 cars rather than V8s. Figure anything that might need more leverage due to smaller engines or hauling heavier loads. I don't know that this holds true for Gbodys specifically but it is the general trend with most vehicle lines. Hope that makes sense.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Honestly, I don't think you'll notice the change from 3.23 to 3.08. If you're searching the yard look for a GU4 on the spid tag.

matthew_rhodes

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2010
mobile, al
We run a rev limiter right now and I'm hitting it a little earlier than I'd like to, hence why I want to change. I know it won't make a huge difference, my final ratio is only going down 0.22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor