Holley Performance Test Vehicle Wanted

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I wonder if they're asking for the smaller displacements/more common versions because they're coming out with something that has to meet in a emission type requirement🤔

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I wonder if they're asking for the smaller displacements/more common versions because they're coming out with something that has to meet in a emission type requirement🤔
I'm guessing that or if it's original they don't have to worry about their part fitment with any other aftermarket parts...

• Agree

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Hmmm... I don't know. Maybe it gets crushed and you get a gift card ... Or... 10% off a new EV...?

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
If they can get my 86 to actually act like it has a V8 in it... They can have it as long as they want!

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’d say it’s a safe assumption that they believe there is a customer base with stock setups to offer a product to.

WHAT???

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I’d say it’s a safe assumption that they believe there is a customer base with stock setups to offer a product to.

WHAT???
I'd be all for that. That would quash the lamenting comments about hi-perf companies forgetting about the A/G-body. Might even bring a surge to G-body prices because it would bring demand to have one because they'd make mods to fit it.

Or not.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
And yet again, the mighty 267 is left out

You know ,the one that makes a 305 look like a performance engine

• Haha
  • Clever
Reactions: 1 users

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014

WHAT???

I'm with melloelky about emissions ... if you look at any of the fine print for carburetors and fuel injection setups they offer, those devices are supposed to only be sold if the buyer will be using the device for racing or offroad use -- they are not road-legal for emissions-controlled vehicles (vehicle manufactured in '68 or later, '67 if manufactured in California). Per SEMA, a manufacturer can sell an emissions-modifying device for an emissions-controlled vehicle only if testing of the device on an "original configuration" powertrain has proven the device keeps emissions at or below the vehicle's "as manufactured" emissions

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor