My 1,400rwhp TT LT1 Street Car Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
That engine looks killer. Nice details & detailing! Just watched the new video as well.

Reactions: 1 user

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
That is a work of art!! I wish California didn't have such strict smog laws.

Thanks!

Glad you finally got the engine back from the corona quarantine. been watching on the Facebook, cant wait to see more of the "street car" 😉

Thanks, it's been an uphill battle for sure.

That engine looks killer. Nice details & detailing! Just watched the new video as well.

TY, I hope it runs as good as it looks.

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
Back again with another video. These summer months living in Vegas are hell in the shop, even though I have fans and insulation, I'm working on getting a mini-split installed so hopefully that won't be an issue anymore.

None the less, I'm back with another update. In a previous video I installed the rear down bars from the rear kicker bars to the trunk area, and I've never been a fan of them. I decided to cut them out and redo them, and while I was there I needed to make some rear body mounts and add the structure to the trunk floor.

IMG_20200707_183052.jpg

The outer hoops on each side will have bins below them that will hold the battery and other misc items. Once that was done I had to toss on the Featherlite Composites rear bumper to get some measurements and then it was time to start on the parachute tether.

IMG_20200707_221353.jpg

This area has to be heavily reinforced, there is a ton of stress when both chutes deploy at 200+ MPH. X wins every time.

IMG_20200716_152946.jpg

Time to address those down bars again, here you can see the old design on the left vs the new design on the right, and finally the completed product.

MVIMG_20200717_163423.jpg

IMG_20200724_112322-1.jpg

And if you want to catch the video, as always I've got that for you too.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
I'm not sure if you guys are still following along, but I'm back once again with another update. My goal is to get as many things fit up and tacked in place as possible so that we can take the body off and go to town welding everything. This means the motor has to be installed so that we can work on the motor/mid plates, and in the future the steering, exhaust, turbos, etc (all that is for another video).

Before I installed the engine I wanted to make a few updates. The first was to make room for a 92mm throttle body, which required a little bit of porting on the Procharger intake manifold. The other thing was to get the fuel lines installed for the return fuel system, since this car will run on E85, E98, E100 or Mx, the lines have to be PTFE but XRP hooked us up with everything we needed.

Once that was all wrapped up, the motor and mid plates were up next. The reason we use a motor/mid plate combo rather than a traditional motor mount is that under extreme cylinder pressures the stress pulling on the side of the block can cause the cylinder to oval (especially on aluminum blocks). The motor/mid plate grab the engine at the front and rear of the block where it is the strongest. To see how it all went down, check out the video below.

Reactions: 10 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Wow holy fab work. I'm in now don't know how I didn't see this one from the start.
My brain hurts gonna go lay down for awhile

Reactions: 1 users

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
Still following & watching for updates.

Sweet!

Wow holy fab work. I'm in now don't know how I didn't see this one from the start.
My brain hurts gonna go lay down for awhile

It's been an undertaking to say the least, but it's starting to finally turn the corner.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Awesome fab work, you do a really good job of thinking things out on your build. Just got caught up on the latest. Wish i had seen one video sooner i would have like to have one of those reckless regal shirts. Keep up the good work i look forward to the updates

Reactions: 1 users

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
Awesome fab work, you do a really good job of thinking things out on your build. Just got caught up on the latest. Wish i had seen one video sooner i would have like to have one of those reckless regal shirts. Keep up the good work i look forward to the updates

Thanks!

What size do you need? We still have some sizes in stock and will be restocking on all soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor