My 1983 Regal *10/13/08* The car is Gone! Pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bourbon said:
Just Karter said:
Get LOW hahaha
Its low enough man, looks like you could bottom out on a bug haha.
Nice work on the rear frame, did you use a frame jig?

nah, w/ the notches they are 4 pieces so you plate the frame, then do the top, then you cut the frame out and that eliminates the need for a jig or anything.

thanks
Nice, its deffinatly lowww

A couple of things...
Definitly leave the 20s for that modern look but thats up to you.
On that third pic you really need to clean up those welds, take your time when your welding and make sure your welds are penetrating, looks like you got a couple spots that grabed by looking at the hotspots around the weld but its not steady. Im only telling you cause i do custom suspension work and i would hate to see the *ss end of your car fall out while driving around. So make sure evrything is solid before you put it back together and keep up the good work cause its looking sick. Ill be starting on my suspension real soon.

Rockstar said:
A couple of things...
Definitly leave the 20s for that modern look but thats up to you.
On that third pic you really need to clean up those welds, take your time when your welding and make sure your welds are penetrating, looks like you got a couple spots that grabed by looking at the hotspots around the weld but its not steady. Im only telling you cause i do custom suspension work and i would hate to see the *ss end of your car fall out while driving around. So make sure evrything is solid before you put it back together and keep up the good work cause its looking sick. Ill be starting on my suspension real soon.

yeah i am still learning, and that part i had to do upside down some, we ground down some and my friend rebeaded it so its better now

watching this build is making me want to build one of these cars so bad. great work your doin here! keep us posted

Sounds good at least you have someone to follow behind you to make sure its safe. Another option for wheels are doing some nice 19" wheels something staggered (deep dish in the rear) Im thinkin of doing some 20" staggered three piece wheels but reality hits and i can only afford one piece. LOL Ill have some update pics of mine tomorrow night.

Rockstar said:
Sounds good at least you have someone to follow behind you to make sure its safe. Another option for wheels are doing some nice 19" wheels something staggered (deep dish in the rear) Im thinkin of doing some 20" staggered three piece wheels but reality hits and i can only afford one piece. LOL Ill have some update pics of mine tomorrow night.

yeah thats my problem. cant wait to see yours, looks sick already!

bourbon said:
Rockstar said:

yeah thats my problem. cant wait to see yours, looks sick already!

Just based of his GP, you know its gonna be good.

I just had to pop in to say it looks great.

Keep on the updates, can't wait to see it when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor