my 1990 f150 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
if where yer at is smog exempt for 95 and older vehicles just throw and intake carb and dizzy on it. unless ya wanna keep the FI, then disregard any thing i have to say... :wink:

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Looks good. I've got a ford project also. It's mostly done now , it's 78 F250 4x4. I can't help ya on a fi engine tho. I'd have to go the carb route as stated above. Do u have a pull a part,etc nearby? You could probably find a truck with a 351 Windsor and see what you're missing. They sell stuff pretty cheap as well.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Crapple21 said:
I just wanna get it going the way it is
That's a sound plan. If you can keep it stock you'll be ahead n the long run. If the only problem was with the old engine's internals then you should be able to replace the missing parts and get it going. One of the nice things about PickNPull is that if you are getting parts from a pretty complete truck you have a great reference as to how things are installed and routed when you have a puzzle with missing parts that you didn't take apart to begin with.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Good to hear you got it together. You sure you have fuel pressure and injector pulse? Even with old gas it should start and run -- maybe not very well though.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Crapple21 said:
I checked the injector pulse with a test light and they have power going to them. I guess the next thing is check the fuel pressure I can here the fuel pump turn on an it smells like gas underneath the truck like super strong smell. What else should I check?

Make sure the fuel filters good and that the lines aren't clogged. If it's been sitting for some time there might be gunk in the system. Put some new gas in there and try a bottle of seafoam in the gas tank to clear all the old sh*t out. Also if you have a dual tank make sure your not running the tank that has no gas in it. Dumb I know lol but hey it could happen to anyone. Hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor