my 1990 f150 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
If you're talking about the gray plastic part that goes between the 2 rails, then yes, you need to grab another rail. They get brittle with age and do crack. You can replace it with high pressure hose but I don't consider it a permanent or safe repair. More of something you would do temporarily to get it home if it splits in the middle of nowhere.
By the distributor, are you asking about the 2 wire plug that's dangling? That looks like a spout connector. It is used for setting timing and doesn't hook to anything.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
Dang okay I guess I'm going to be pulling some stuff off this weekend and ford doesn't make the injector rails anymore I couldn't find anything at any auto parts store. I guess I have to make a trip back to the junkyard

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup, junkyard only. Like I said earlier, they get brittle with age so be careful when you pull the new one off. I'd suggest pulling yours off first so you know exactly what needs to be done. That way when you get to the yard you'll have all the tools you need and know the sequence to get it out easily.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That style fitting doesn't usually push on without removing the clip. Pull the U shaped clip off. Push the fitting onto the rail. Push the clip back in. Push and pull it to make sure it's on right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor