my 1990 f150 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
That's a good idea im going to try that this weekend and both tanks are half full wich sucks I have about 20 gallons of bad gas

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Crapple21 said:
That's a good idea im going to try that this weekend and both tanks are half full wich sucks I have about 20 gallons of bad gas

Ouch that's alot lol. Well as long as it's not too old it should be fine. One of my buddy's cars sat for 5 years with a half tank and when we started it up for the first time it ran with no problems whatsoever. As long as your getting fuel pressure and have no leaks you should be good. If there is a leak it might not start because there isn't enough pressure at the fuel rail, and that would probably be what's causing your gas smell. Oh btw check your fuel pressure regulator and for kinked lines. Im just trying to throw down everything I know, we just learned fuel systems in my auto class so it's kinda fresh in my mind :).

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Crapple21 said:
Okay thanks I guess I'm going to buy a fuel pressure gauge and test it out

Did you check it out yet? How did it go?

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Crapple21 said:
I think I figured out why it wouldn't start on the end of my injector rail where the gas line plugs in is broken off and it's just pouring the gas out do I have to buy a whole new rail or is there a fitting that just goes on the end?

do you have a picture?

edit: found a pic of a 1990 351w fuel rail and i think you might have to get a new one but idk im not very knowledgeable on fords

the pic:

1990-5.8l-fuel-rail-injectors--fpr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor