My 383 Stroker is in and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcp

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2007
Did the installation today of the 383 into my 1978 Monte Carlo. Dynoed at 400hp at 5500 rpm and still climbing. This is just a street car, so no need to get any crazier on horse power. I still need some minor adjustments and bolt up the 50 series Flowmasters.

Eagle Steel Crank
Eagle SIR Rods
Speedpro Hyper Coated Pistons
Comp cam Hyd Roller # XR264HR
World S/R Torquer Heads, Street Ported and Polished
Stainless Valves 2.02 1.6
Edelbrock RPM Intake
Quickfuel 650 Carb with Electric Choke.

A short open header drive around the yard
[youtube]q1-H5uiihIE[/youtube]

Sounds And Looks Great! How Much Torque You Producing From The 383??

No track running, just cruising.
Builder is sending the dyno sheet, so I should get some torque numbers soon.
Started this project with a stock 305, then was having issues with a 355 I had done. So now it's the 383

I went out tonight after the temps outside cooled down. I see the front bowl of the carb is leaking pretty good underneath. Tightened the four bolts, but continues to leak while cranking. Adjusted the float level, but still needs some fine tuning.

Sounds Good Keep Us Posted, Im In The Process Of Building A Mild 355 Hopefully Going To Crank Around 375-400 hp Out Of Her!

Looks and sounds awesome, should sound awesome with the Flow 50s too. The minor adjustments are expected of course, as in my own case (my crate motor distributor was bad and had to be shipped back to Cali for repair with "propietary" parts). Haven't been on the road yet so I'm just aching to get her there. Mine's strictly for cruising as well -- no track.

Good work, keep us posted with the progress! :friday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor