My 83 Monte Carlo SS carb LS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
so im not sure what kind of steering wheel i want... it has a billet specalties ugly *ss one in there right now which I am not keeping...

was thinking the regal wheel or an 87 monte wheel not sure also need to figure out the horn situation as the old wheel doesnt work lol

it sucks because once its running the car has come so far ! yet there is so much other work to do to make it presentable i have no gauges, dash is all apart, no blower motor or anything, interior needs to be cleaned badly, no blinkers, or anything, need to get all the lights to work (headlights,taillights, etc)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
One day at a time and at your pace, before you know it, you'll have a nice car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016

it runs !!!! had to modify the column shifter bracket quite a bit to get it to shift into drive and further down... thats only temporary anyway cause eventually i wanna do buckets with a column shifter !

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
So im having a problem with the power brakes... changed the booster, the car has vacuum, the new booster is holding plenty of vacuum yet the pedal feels like no booster, now given the brakes are old and were sitting for mad long but should still feel like it has booster... maybe the master is bad? but the car does stop it just stops like a car with no power booster

im so discouraged now all of a sudden, the power brake thing, the fact that i gotta do the window motors, door lock actuators, god only knows what else still...

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Oh, the wonderful world of hotrodding! I would recommend flushing the brake fluid if you haven't already, and fill it with new. It does sound like a master issue though. Have you checked to see if the wheel cylinders are leaking?

I'm sure others will chime in on ideas, i probably missed a couple.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Oh, the wonderful world of hotrodding! I would recommend flushing the brake fluid if you haven't already, and fill it with new. It does sound like a master issue though. Have you checked to see if the wheel cylinders are leaking?

I'm sure others will chime in on ideas, i probably missed a couple.

the car has only been moving in and out of the shop at work , but i dont see any brake fluid anywhere so i take it they are not leaking, I am thinking master related or seized all around...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Could be something like wheel cylinders packed with rust. See if the wheels will bleed. Hang in there. That car has come a long way in a short time.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
Could be something like wheel cylinders packed with rust. See if the wheels will bleed. Hang in there. That car has come a long wayeahy in a short time.

thanks man ! yeah im really trying hard to get it road worthy by spring time...

also trying to figure out exactly how the shadow box i got is going to sit in the dash.. i google it but no real results on how it mounts/sits

anyone have any idea if i need cut the old gauges out or if they will pull out ? kind of at a loss cause i never had to do this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor