My 83 Monte Carlo SS carb LS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
The heavy gauge pink wire that was connected to the distributor was hot to the coil. I think your MSD box will want +12V feed directly from the battery but that pink wire is a pretty decent gauge so it should be fine to be a trigger wire for the MSD box and fuel pump relay.

yeah i figured that on the main feeds i think the msd box needs a trigger not sure but the fuel pump relay def needs a trigger

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
plan on doing the blazer 2wd 2" drop spindle mod with the blazer dual piston calipers and hub assembly style wheel bearing... what lowering springs should I get for this setup or will it truly be 2 inches lower with this setup? cause my understanding is a regular height g-body and regular height blazer spindle are not the same ride height... truck is higher naturally.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Never heard of drop spindles for 98+ blazer

Last edited:

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
...and of course just when things are going good something bad has to happen ...

brand new fuel pump, seems to be defective... tried to do a test crank and the lock cylinder is bad (so it appears) and not moving the rod enough to move the ignition switch to send the start signal to the solenoid ...

ran the battery and ground cables, started hooking up the MSD box

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The ignition switch is adjustable on top of the column (the mounting hardware are in slots in the switch).

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
The ignition switch is adjustable on top of the column (the mounting hardware are in slots in the switch).

yeah i see that but the cylinder doesnt twist right and it sticks... which makes me think it could possibly be this as well..

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
yeah i see that but the cylinder doesnt twist right and it sticks... which makes me think it could possibly be this as well..
In that case it probably is a lock cylinder issue, unless if it is a problem with the ignition switch itself, where it is internally binding.

6spdg37s

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2016
In that case it probably is a lock cylinder issue, unless if it is a problem with the ignition switch itself, where it is internally binding.

I changed the lock cylinder today now it twists freely but i still need to adjust the ignition switch a little bit.

took the fuel pump out bench tested it and it started to work again so seems to be ok now...

I am hoping to spend alot of time on sunday workin on it and getting it running... so we will see

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor