My 83 Wagon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
To be honest Jack, after seeing the bolts holding it on and spending almost two hours getting the bumper off I think Im leaving the rest of the parts on that junker. LOL
I understand, my friend. Some things are meant to be left alone and not worth killing yourself over. Leave that to the younger set. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Finally started the wagon yesterday. Couldnt see any leaks. No strange noises. It was a good feeling.
Looks like there might be an issue with the brakes though. I'll be pulling the drums off later today to see if I can figure out whats going on. The pedal was rock hard after I bled them but for some reason theres a weird noise when I stepped on the pedal with the car running. Hard to pinpoint where its coming from with open headers.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Finally started the wagon yesterday. Couldnt see any leaks. No strange noises. It was a good feeling.
Looks like there might be an issue with the brakes though. I'll be pulling the drums off later today to see if I can figure out whats going on. The pedal was rock hard after I bled them but for some reason theres a weird noise when I stepped on the pedal with the car running. Hard to pinpoint where its coming from with open headers.
Mich,
Can you describe the noise?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
Can you describe the noise?
I wish I could Jack. I was out on the garage by myself. Right foot on the pedal. Car was running. I was standing at the open door. Those shorty headers made it impossible to figure out what/where the noise was coming from with me standing there. Im going to get someone over today to pump the pedal while Im looking around. The other thing I noticed was a lot of bubbles in the master. The pedal was rock hard after I bled it the last time. Im pulling the drums this afternoon. I had the brakes adjusted right. Didnt notice any fluid on the floor yesterday. Im sure I'll find out whats going on. It cant be anything serious. All the crap is new.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I wish I could Jack. I was out on the garage by myself. Right foot on the pedal. Car was running. I was standing at the open door. Those shorty headers made it impossible to figure out what/where the noise was coming from with me standing there. Im going to get someone over today to pump the pedal while Im looking around. The other thing I noticed was a lot of bubbles in the master. The pedal was rock hard after I bled it the last time. Im pulling the drums this afternoon. I had the brakes adjusted right. Didnt notice any fluid on the floor yesterday. Im sure I'll find out whats going on. It cant be anything serious. All the crap is new.
Mich,
I overlooked the part of running with open headers. That would certainly drown out any type noise, thus making any kind of prognosis difficult.
Hmmm....bubbles in the master, Did you lose the firm pedal when you pressed down? Bubbles are usually attributed from being air bound. It must be something simple. You do have a completely new brake system and no visual signs of leakage anywhere. I guess it's a matter of doing a visual inspection on your lines, hoses, bleeders, brake cylinders, etc.

I'm glad to hear that you got it fired up and running.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The wagon saga continues.

Yesterday I got the two front tires on and put the car back on the ground. Had to move it around the garage on a set of dollys so I could get it out the door. Checked the oil. Topped off the TH350. Finally moved out under its own power. The first time since I took it apart to get it painted.

The motor sounded good on July 9th when I first got it running. I pulled out onto my street and drove it down to the end. Not a long run. Oil pressure was over 50lbs when I started it. When I got to the end of my road it was a lot less. It slowly started to drop as I was driving back to my house.
Coudnt tell if there were any new noises since the mid length headers are so dang loud. I was so pissed I pushed it into the garage with my wife and havent touched it.
Dont know if its the gauge, sender or oil pump. Filled the filter, primed the pump, Brad Penn oil. Pans full.
Im borrowing a mechanical gauge, pulling the HEI out and I'll spin up the pump to see if its bad. It wasnt a good day. SMDH

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Bummer - hoping for the best for ya. Been there though and it’s disheartening.

How low did it get?

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I hope today is a better day for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and keeping a good thought for you. 😣All the best, my friend.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor