My Bu's "Re"Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Sorry I haven't had a lot of updates but the car is back together again. Although not real pretty.

Even managed to make it to the track but couldn't get a full pass due to oil getting pushed out under boost. Will be heading back this Friday so hopefully will have some video of that.

Reactions: 4 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Sorry I haven't had a lot of updates but the car is back together again. Although not real pretty.

Even managed to make it to the track but couldn't get a full pass due to oil getting pushed out under boost. Will be heading back this Friday so hopefully will have some video of that.

It's great to see that you got it back together and on the road again. A lot of people would have given up and called defeat. Good job on having the perseverance/stubbornness to build it back.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
It's great to see that you got it back together and on the road again. A lot of people would have given up and called defeat. Good job on having the perseverance/stubbornness to build it back.

Thanks, it's been a real test lately.

Reactions: 1 users

82_wagon

Apprentice
Mar 9, 2017
I would and did build it again lol. It's holding up fine except for where I bolted it to the frame. I should have used some type of rubber mount I'm sure. I used just a small piece of the aluminum angle to mount it and it has bent slightly. Will most likely just remake that part out of some steel and call it good.

Thanks jrm81bu. I think I'm going to go ahead and make one for mine. The car is coming along nicely, keep it up.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey James,
Good to see the car coming back together and back in action. How many guys would have gotten discouraged and called it a day. I'm glad you persevered and kept to your guns. Good going.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Caleb bonwell- Thanks and glad I could help.

Thanks Jack, I'm doing my best to keep going.

Well the hits keep coming. Either due to lack of enough bracing with the frame notch or from the wreck or maybe both, the driver side frame ahaed of the notch is twisting. This is allowing the lower control mount to rotate upwards, all the way to the floor. This in turn has caused some severe drivline angles that caused this.

So I made some "creative" bracing to at least get me through the last race. Plans are to build a rear crossmember.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor