Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
He has the nicer written Oldsmobile super tall valve covers, curious where he got them. The block letter covers are still available from Jegs, $185 USD EACH, sold per cover. I am pretty sure a few sets were made in ultra light and flammable Magnesium as well.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Jam nuts, turnbuckles,and reverse threads.... GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

4CE6DFF1-1A59-48EB-9A68-66F8EF2050D0.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yeah. 3" exhaust problems. The good news is that I rediscovered another set of frame holes for the upper control arms that are about an inch lower. Hooptiewagon was mentioning raised pumpkin locations and "anti-hop" relocation kits, and it hit me. Raise rear attachment points=lower front.... I asked my race buddy about the effects of lowering the front bar on the frame side, and he said it will hit the tire harder. Perfect 👌
So, after fighting sh*t today, I'm going to pull the tailpipes and mufflers for some working room. The braces will probably need to change, too anyway.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah. 3" exhaust problems. The good news is that I rediscovered another set of frame holes for the upper control arms that are about an inch lower. Hooptiewagon was mentioning raised pumpkin locations and "anti-hop" relocation kits, and it hit me. Raise rear attachment points=lower front.... I asked my race buddy about the effects of lowering the front bar on the frame side, and he said it will hit the tire harder. Perfect 👌
So, after fighting sh*t today, I'm going to pull the tailpipes and mufflers for some working room. The braces will probably need to change, too anyway.

I’m not convinced you need to hit the tires harder, you’re not hooking as it is. If anything, you need to reduce the shock load on the tires, give them a chance to try and hook all that BBO goodness up. I know from experience with the 462 in The Juggernaut, the more I rolled into the throttle, the more chance it had to actually grip. 500 ft lbs of torque off idle is no joke to try and hook.
Dunno if there’s a way to reduce the shock load to the tires with the rear setup you have, but Instant Center is your friend. The closer you can move it to the center of the car, the more leverage you can apply to the tires.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor