Bummer,

But the tig should do you up right!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
3 strikes and I'm out. Booooo! The flux ain't work; those rods work like flux core solder on wire. I tried a bunch of different shjt with temperature and just couldn't get it. I'm throwing in the towel in, and getting it TIGged.
View attachment 167440 View attachment 167441
Conceding defeat sucks.

Hmmm... I don't remember welding that? But, it definitely looks like my work...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Unfortunately the RPM is considerably taller and I believe because of the smaller plenum, a spacer is a good idea. He just needs to break out this tool😳. Milwaukee-15-Amp-Super-Sawzall-10.jpg You guys dog the SBO but I can run an RPM with a spacer and the stock air cleaner under my 70S hood. Even under the W25 hood, a bunch of monkeying and milling needs done using anything but the stock and OB4 intakes. There is a reason a 4.5" stroke easily fits, I believe 4.8" is possible, it is a very tall block. The torquer is good intake, too bad Edelbrock would not tweak it a bit and be a Torquer 2. They did it for nearly every other make but the same can be said about their fancy cast valve covers. I am shocked Mark convinced them to redo their heads for Olds.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Failure update #627: none of that crap really stuck like it should have. I cut some with the whizzer wheel, but it really just chiseled out with a hammer and screwdriver. Those rods work, but not for me.
20210127_170227.jpg 20210127_165932.jpg
Good news is that I talked to Super Dave, and he agreed to bail me out for a bottle of Blanton's. He said he recently acquired an alarm horn off a Detroit Diesel generator motor that is thick, cast. I'll cut and fit some tight azz BBQ pieces as patterns, or he may just burn them in. The take away is that cast to cast welds better than cast to spun or extruded. He can't get to it for a couple weeks, so I have time to cut the other side and clean up my hack-liciousness.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
No pics because shame. Long story short, I warped the head flange, and the machine shop won't touch the Air Gap Torker abomination. The block might even be being assembled? Who knows?

• Sad
  • Indifferent

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
No pics because shame. Long story short, I warped the head flange, and the machine shop won't touch the Air Gap Torker abomination. The block might even be being assembled? Who knows?
Let's see some pics before the Olds gang gets rowdy.

angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

• Haha
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I feel your pain. I have also experienced multiple set backs, it is best to move on and focus elsewhere. Have you considered the Pro Comp single plane intake or a Street Dominator if you can find one? Me, I'm just driving a clattering mess across town everyday thanks to not checking rod bearings and the Mallory Ignition which is going in a box, maybe a garbage can. Refocus and regroup is all we can do👍.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor