My New 1985 Regal with 14,000 actual and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
Does anyone know where I can find a repro or NOS door skin for this car?

I don't want to put 10 pounds of bondo in this door and like the person above stated, a used door isn't going to be near as nice as mine.

If I can't find a skin, I'll probably just sell the car to someone that will show it off or baby it like it deserves.

With my other 2 classics, I can't even park this one in the garage.

thanks
chuck

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
DeadGuy said:
Thanks for responding. The cost is the least thing I'm worried about. It's probably less than 500 bucks.

I'm just worried that if I fix it that it might decrease the value to a collector. That's why I'm here because I know you guys are experts. I also belong to an AMC forum because when I bought my Marlin.... LOL, I had many many questions on that beast.

It's a fish all to it's own. So is my dodge

marlin5_BIG.jpg

8) Nice...... A friend of mine has a couple Marlins, both 66's I believe, one show worthy and one for parts.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I know locally Sherman and Associates, I think they still sell door skins for an 85 Regal and I'm sure they ship nationwide.

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
I called Sherman and Associates. They only sell the bottom 12 inches door panel.

I'll try some southern junk yards just in case I can find a gray, nice looking match.

I think I'll just throw it on Craigs List on Ebay. I think it deserves a home with someone who will treat it like the classic piece it is.

I don't think I have been a member long enough to sell anything. I'll keep ya posted.

Hey, if you guys happen to have NetFlix, I'm in a movie or two on there. One is hilarious called ThanksKilling. Look it up.

buds
chuck

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would post it on here first and maybe also TurboBuick why not give a gbody fan first shot at this, there is always somebody looking for a super clean gbody and from there maybe post it on Craigslist or E-Bay.

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
Oh I will. I didn't know if I was allowed because I just joined.

I told my wife I'm in between on this car. Here is my take: I can drive this car 10 years no problem, BUT it will lose value every time I drive it. It rides like a new car and the inside is perfect.

OR, I can keep it and cruise in it to show it, but I would have to leave it outside because of my other 2 classic cars.

OR, I can send it along to a G Body loving guy where it will be respected and enjoyed. I'm making checks for southern doors now.

I'll keep ya posted
thanks
chuck

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
DeadGuy said:
I called Sherman and Associates. They only sell the bottom 12 inches door panel.

I'll try some southern junk yards just in case I can find a gray, nice looking match.

I think I'll just throw it on Craigs List on Ebay. I think it deserves a home with someone who will treat it like the classic piece it is.

I don't think I have been a member long enough to sell anything. I'll keep ya posted.

Hey, if you guys happen to have NetFlix, I'm in a movie or two on there. One is hilarious called ThanksKilling. Look it up.

buds
chuck
I know a guy with a NOS door skin & he has a southern junk yard. :)
Honetly it is a low mileage 85 Regal but it is not a turbo car that would pull huge $. Then again it could go to help save a real turbo car & keep another on the road. That's what we do down here. Try & find clean low mileage regals to help keep the northern Gbody on the road.

I have a 60K mile regal around back that is nothing but a fire wall left of it. It probably saved about 60 -70 cars. There are a lot of things that can be done with that car. I'm just saying it will never be a $20,000 collectable.
Very Nice find though.

DeadGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
I'm interested in that door skin if it's for sale.

Naw, I wouldn't think it would ever hit 20 G's..

IF I sell it I don't think $7500 would be out of the question. Heck, you couldn't buy ANY car with 14K on it for that price.

There's a Riviera on Ebay right now with low miles at over 20K and an '85 like mine for $12,900

So I think it'll be an easy sell.

Thanks for all of the info

chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor