My new "pets"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Kind of. If you could see through the leaves behind her head you'd see the new house. That cyclone fence is the dog enclosure off the back deck of the current house. They belong to the neighbor but pretty much live here because I have more trees. Current count is 4. There were 8 last year but I guess someone stole 4.
I've heard turkeys gobbling outside in the predawn hours a couple times but I've never seen them. The most obnoxious birds to me are the ring neck doves. They're an invasive species here and we have tons. I guess there used to be a lot of sage grouse around too but I don't see many.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Obnoxious loud bastards.
The females aren't really all that bad. The males are horrible and they love the hood of your car. There was a male here but he disappeared shortly after I moved in. Beautiful bird with a 7'+ wingspan but completely obnoxious. He won't be missed.

Reactions: 1 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
The females aren't really all that bad. The males are horrible and they love the hood of your car. There was a male here but he disappeared shortly after I moved in. Beautiful bird with a 7'+ wingspan but completely obnoxious. He won't be missed.
I bet someone made him “disappear”. :DThey do taste like chicken

• Agree

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Its nice to be surrounded by nature and not concrete. Even though i live in “south florida” im due east of lake okeechobee and surrounded by wildlife mgmt areas and preserves on three sides. I have a large pond on my property and I love seeing the assortment of ducks, owls, hawks and eagles (except when they go after my chickens). I have lost 3 peking ducks out of my flock to bobcats and an eagle but thats nature at least no alligator has scaled my hog wire yet into my property and set up shop in my pond. Although tail is delicious

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Joe, any plans to harvest one?

Nah, it's a little too late to legally take one. I would've had to buy my license by April 27 and Spring Gobbler season is almost over anyways. The PA Game Commission is run by Nazis so its not worth trying to take one without a license. If they are still around come fall I'll get a license and make supper out of one.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Start feeding em now. Make sure they get plump and lazy.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I saw a hen turkey on my place yesterday. It's great due to the turkeys in my area being wiped out by disease. Also have the run of the mill birds and a juvenile fox squirrel that the front third is pitch black and the rear two thirds are a dark mottled black/gray. Lots of quail whistling also and a red rat snake yesterday on my trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor