My new "pets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
A pic from back in the day. My grandfather used to tell me for a long time while growing up he thought snow was black.

Yeah it was nasty. My grandfather worked downtown and would bring an extra shirt to work because he'd have a ring of black soot around his collar by mid-day. My grandmother still uses bluing to wash the whites. It's a lot cleaner now but I still wouldn't eat anything that was caught out of the Mon.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Sometimes you don't even want to know what is even in the Mon let alone catch something from it. ;)

Lakespringfield.png

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm from Pittsburgh, what is "carbon?"

View attachment 89477

mother nature does a much better job polluting the atmosphere

Mount St. Helens
Reached about 80,000 ft (24,400 m) in less than 15 minutes
Spread across U.S. in 3 days; circled Earth in 15 days
Detectable amounts of ash covered 22,000 sq mi (57,000 km2)
220px-MSH80_st_helens_eruption_plume_07-22-80.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
All fun and games till thanksgiving. You'll get your revenge....

I have a few bird feeders in my backyard as many people do, and I get the usual assortment of Cardinals, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves and a few others. About 3 weeks ago, I started getting a couple female turkeys every few days at the feeder. Well I guess they told their boyfriends about the feeder because the following week, they began showing up with 3 toms. Now they've begun living in the woods immediately behind the yard, and they stroll around the backyard all day, and drive my dogs crazy.

Plus I've got tons of rabbits and deer and racoons that I can't get rid of. Its like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom in my backyard.

Check out the smartass showing off his feathers-

View attachment 89361 View attachment 89362 View attachment 89363

Nov 4, 2012

Mount St. Helens

Oh I know, believe me I'm not really a tree hugger. Still I find it comical how ignorant we were. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, or just common knowledge among people from Pittsburgh, but the steel mills were filthy. Street lights came on at noon because the coal smoke would be too thick to see through. Sirens would go off warning people that the smoke was about to start, so they had time to pull in their clotheslines. Plus they just dumped whatever in the rivers. This is an old article but it's still not very different today. It's about some guys catching fish in poop water. They are probably safe to eat in limited quantities. Just don't eat the fish that eat the industrial chemicals off the bottom.

http://old.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20020516dirtyfishing0516p3.asp

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm from Pittsburgh, what is "carbon?"

View attachment 89477

Mount St. Helens
220px-MSH80_st_helens_eruption_plume_07-22-80.jpg

Oh I know, believe me I'm not really a tree hugger. Still I find it comical how ignorant we were. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, or just common knowledge among people from Pittsburgh, but the steel mills were filthy. Street lights came on at noon because the coal smoke would be too thick to see through. Sirens would go off warning people that the smoke was about to start, so they had time to pull in their clotheslines. Plus they just dumped whatever in the rivers. This is an old article but it's still not very different today. It's about some guys catching fish in poop water. They are probably safe to eat in limited quantities. Just don't eat the fish that eat the industrial chemicals off the bottom.

http://old.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20020516dirtyfishing0516p3.asp

I'm like you and I find it disgusting how some people in power have so little respect for the rest of the people. I live near Toronto which is on Lake Ontario, one of the Great Lakes, and you take a risk swimming in that water due to the man made pollution. They have a nice beach with volley ball nets and a boardwalk with bike paths but it's a shame you can't build up a sweat and jump in the lake to cool off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor