My new project 82 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, dial up beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittman06

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2008
Apple Creek, Ohio
tell me what ya think, paid $200 and drove about 4 hours to pick it up...still tryin to figure out which sbo is in it. Interior is gonna be gutted and replaced with buckets, console, floor shift, etc. I have a 455
Crate engine in mind that a friend has sittin in the corner of his garage, a set of fat Crager SS's and Radial T/A's are planned, also blacked out grills and bezels, with gunmetal paint and black racing stripes. Also gotta weld in quarters, try to fix the doors, and it needs rockers. The frame is GREAT!
1-007.jpg

1-008.jpg

1-010.jpg

1-014.jpg

1-018.jpg

1-013.jpg

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
cool man, i think that gunmetal w/ the black stripes will look good on that. 200 bucks is a good deal! when you start tearing that thing down post some pics up and keep us updated.

Pittman06

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2008
Apple Creek, Ohio
thanks, i definetly will. This is gonna be my first huge project so i'm gonna take pics of everything

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
just take your time with it, sometimes it gets overwhelming!! so many times i wanted to sell what i had and just buy a nice 4th gen camaro. just dont bite off more than you can chew all at once.

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
this is similar to my new project 84 monte CL ruff around the edge's but can become somthing nice in the end take your time and break it up in little job's and the car will be done in no time !
good luck

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Can't wait to see it. Sounds like we're going to have twins almost. I plan on doing my '85 a dark gray and blacking out the trim.

Sweet!

Pittman06

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 16, 2008
Apple Creek, Ohio
jonnyslick said:
Can't wait to see it. Sounds like we're going to have twins almost. I plan on doing my '85 a dark gray and blacking out the trim.

Sweet!
thats awesome, we'll see how she comes out, probably gonna be around spring to early summer

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Pittman06 said:
jonnyslick said:

Sweet!
thats awesome, we'll see how she comes out, probably gonna be around spring to early summer

That's my goals at the moment too. I'm looking at either the Audi Nimbus Pearl (medium gray pearl) or that dark gunmetal color on the new Mercedes. Satin black all the chrome, with all the badges removed.

Then lower it 2 or 3 inches all around with some charcol Coys rims.

I can't wait. But until then I'm going to work on suspenision, brakes, and engine this winter while it's cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor