My new retro style F150

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Back in June i bought myself a new regular cab 5.0 4x4 F150 XLT.
full

This was the only XLT in this configuration within 500 miles of Phoenix. All the regular cabs in Phoenix were XLs and had the turbo v6s. I flew to Vegas to buy this and drove it home. I probably could have ordered one but i didn't want to wait.

So obviously i started personalizing it the way i wanted it. This is how it looked a couple weeks ago.
full

I got the idea to do a old school retro paint scheme so i photoshopped this picture sorta as a rendering of what i wanted
full

So 2 weeks ago i tore down my truck and sent it to my buddy's bodyshop. I stopped by yesterday to check it out. It still needs cut and buffed but i like how it is coming along
full

full

As soon as i get it back i am going to be sending the wheels to my other buddy who powder coats. I can't wait to see my idea completed.

• Winner
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It works, takes the blaah out that all new trucks have. Actually makes it look like it has some detail lines.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, looks great!

I remember some Chevy dealership couple of years ago retro-ing Big 10 Chevy Trucks. Looks pretty good actually. Enjoy yours when it's done!

chevrolet-silverado-big-10-cheyenne-conversion.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I like what you are doing on the paint. Congratulations on the new ride.

I heard the V-8 wasn't even available now in the GM regular cab short bed 2wd trucks.

Nov 4, 2012
Looks great. You definitely picked the right engine. We have far less trouble with the 5.0Ls and the non-turbo 3.5s and 3.3s than with any of the Ecoboosts.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Looks great!!!

-Gonz

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
It looks amazing ! Great idea !
Did the color blue change too ? Hard to tell from the lighting in the shop but it looks much darker. Whats going to separate the colors ? Pinstripe ?

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Thanks everybody. It's the same color blue. Florescent lights suck for true color representation. I plan on a pinstripe but not sure what color yet. Probably a gun metal grey.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks everybody. It's the same color blue. Florescent lights suck for true color representation. I plan on a pinstripe but not sure what color yet. Probably a gun metal grey.
Good choice. The rims in the rendering look pretty hot. Any plans on getting them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor