My Newest Pictures Of My Monte from 565bbchevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for the compliment vanrah, but my car is not even remotely close to the purpose built cars for "Drag Week" especially Bailey's Camaro.
My Monte is just a heavy overpowered street car that does not see track duty, at some point I will get it to Milan just to get a legit time on it but not really a priority for me.
For me I get a lot of satisfaction in just the building process and then watching the looks on people's faces when I pull into a car show and open the hood.
I drive a Ford F650 work truck all week where it seems every other driver's goal is to get in front of me so I think it helps me keep my sanity knowing what is at home in the garage.
And I appreciate the beer offer but I don't drink so I guess my beer money goes into my cars also.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; I'm just a one beer guy myself, drink way more beer with Roots than without. But I just gotta know if I'm making progress or regress so I go to the drag strip every two or three years and just make 2 or three passes. As I built The Bronze Brick to be a two lane black top car. I just like to drive it & have learned that if I take it one direction (quarter mile car) Too far it will get driven less, so I've tried to keep it road ready. Drive the truck over, we'll have a beer with roots, Bob Jr.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Beautiful car and you do awesome work. I know your car is real quick in a straight line but how does it handle driving it on the street.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Beautiful car and you do awesome work. I know your car is real quick in a straight line but how does it handle driving it on the street.
When I first set up the car is was all about weight transfer so I had drag shocks, drag front springs and skinny sway bars and it did not handle too well but as I refined the car I decided it was just as important to be able to negotiate a turn so really my only limitations are the mandatory skinny front tires.(header tube interference)
So since then I rebuilt the entire suspension, up front I went with all Moog and replaced all my bushings with poly and I have Spohn uppers going in when I pull the engine in the spring.
I have Hellwig F & R sway bars, and Hotchkis lower rears and Metco adjustable uppers , UMI 2" drop rear springs and drag bags that have separate lines and I believe that shocks all around are Gabriel Ultras.
So between the roll cage welded to the frame and the additional frame braces I welded in along with the double thick jounce and GP bars I made it actually handles quite well and you don't fell the weight of the big block since it has aluminum heads and the big bore drops 30 lbs. from a 4.25 bore.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am reposting my interior pictures since they were gone from my original post, Thanks Opie for letting me know and opening the post so I could add these.

IMG_2136.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I'm sure there is a smile on your face every time you turn the key.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor