My somewhat new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Use behind the rear axle as a cargo area, ahead the axle as the "living" area.
That's how I've got it laid out. As soon as I get a partition built, I'll post some pics. I just finished my stereo speaker installation. Sounds decent.

Reactions: 1 user

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Is it Cummins powered?
This one has the DT466. Apparently, the Cummings is the one to get, but this motor seems to have good reliability recordings. I know very little about these 'medium duty' diesel engines. Look to be just good ole workhorses, that don't require a whole lot of maintaining. Oh, and I have never had a turbo, I do now! I cut all the exhaust pipe out that was under the bus. That turbo spooling up sounds pretty cool.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
This one has the DT466. Apparently, the Cummings is the one to get, but this motor seems to have good reliability recordings. I know very little about these 'medium duty' diesel engines. Look to be just good ole workhorses, that don't require a whole lot of maintaining. Oh, and I have never had a turbo, I do now! I cut all the exhaust pipe out that was under the bus. That turbo spooling up sounds pretty cool.

A cornbinder engine eh! Pretty reliable but no powerhouse. Should work well.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Those DT466's are no slouch either

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor