My somewhat new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think it would make a cool low buck RV. I always wanted an old milk truck or stepvan for that purpose. I always liked the short wheelbase school buses...I always thought they were cool.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I can see some distant swap meet weekends in it's future.
Or build it to haul your Gbody.
b4e35bf0875e999a4bbabb47e2f26c3b--school-bus-conversion-school-buses.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
I would have preferred the shorter wheel base. This thing is a 'tank' trying to move around. There are a bunch of ideas rolling around the internet that people have put in place on these buses. In my area, Polaris Razors are very popular. I've seen a bus that had the rear portion of the roof cut off and a jacked up Razor riding piggyback. Very creative.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Clear out some seats, center a stripper pole, a spot for a bouncer, rolling income. (y)
Which brings me to my next problem, how to insure this beast.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Are you able to register as RV?

I've looked into it here time to time.but what I always fine is that if it was ever titled as a bus in GA the tag offices ALWAYS keep it as a bus (and all the license/insurance reqs) with the complications it entails.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Clear out some seats, center a stripper pole, a spot for a bouncer, rolling income. (y)
Which brings me to my next problem, how to insure this beast.
Are you able to register as RV?

I've looked into it here time to time.but what I always fine is that if it was ever titled as a bus in GA the tag offices ALWAYS keep it as a bus (and all the license/insurance reqs) with the complications it entails.
The title classifies it as an RV. I've only spoken with two insurance providers so far. The rates are too high and they want permanent structures as far as a bed, bathroom and kitchen stove. That creates a problem because I want it to be versatile enough to carry off road equipment. (Dirt bikes and 4 wheelers)

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The rates are too high and they want permanent structures as far as a bed, bathroom and kitchen stove. That creates a problem because I want it to be versatile enough to carry off road equipment. (Dirt bikes and 4 wheelers)
Use behind the rear axle as a cargo area, ahead the axle as the "living" area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor