My son's wagon got smashed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ben,
There's always the old Greyhound method.
A few months back there was a 4-dr Cutlass at the local boneyard. If I recall, the fenders were decent. I assume the replacement header panel is good.
The question is...how well do you have to pack up fenders? It takes one gorilla to spoil your day. I did have a good experience having a few large rear interior panels shipped from Ohio via Greyhound.

This site may also be a consideration. https://www.uship.com/

I hope the insurance company was fair in your settlement.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My dad has shipped 62 and 63 Ford Galaxie fenders via either Fedex or UPS. He custom made the boxes out of double layer corrugated cardboard.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You have to assume the boxes will be mistreated and build them accordingly. Shame on these suppliers that ship us stuff that gets torn up in shipping. The fault is theirs. Everyone knows how the shippers are going to treat the box.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My dad has shipped 62 and 63 Ford Galaxie fenders via either Fedex or UPS. He custom made the boxes out of double layer corrugated cardboard.

those fenders were made with real metal, not like fenders on a G body

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
those fenders were made with real metal, not like fenders on a G body
True but they dent too. You have to build a strong box. I've shipped a cast iron 4 speed to Holland. I've shipped a Ford FE tri-power setup to Denmark. I've shipped 427 Ford long cast iron headers across country. The box and stuffing is everything.

• Agree

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
excellent cond rust free 85 cutty sedan pass fender---275.41 shipped.pmme if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor