My turbo 5.3 and 4l80e wagon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
They produce effortless speed for sure! Low 13s is good stuff for a granny wagon.

I haven't run mine at the track. I know track numbers are usually a let down when compared to how they feel on the street, I'm hoping for the 11 second range given the fact that it feels like it's trying to kill you on the street.

Are you running slicks at the track?

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Mine was pretty lazy out of the hole too. A big converter changes that but I'm still up in the air about the cost to benefit ratio.

I need to make the converter lockup at a lower speed for regular highway cruising. Other than that I will say that it is way more aggressive at low speed. I can brakestand it a little over 3k and it's making boost there. The resulting smoke show is impressive, I imagine it would be downright violent if it were on slicks on a prepped track.

79longroof

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2018
They produce effortless speed for sure! Low 13s is good stuff for a granny wagon.

I haven't run mine at the track. I know track numbers are usually a let down when compared to how they feel on the street, I'm hoping for the 11 second range given the fact that it feels like it's trying to kill you on the street.

Are you running slicks at the track?
Lol well low 13s is the fastest I've ever been in the 1/4, so I wasn't completely disappointed. Do want it to be faster though. 11s is my goal too.
Yes I was on some borrowed 8 inch Hoosiers. They worked great with just a little burnout. Need to get my own now though lol

79longroof

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2018
Mine was pretty lazy out of the hole too. A big converter changes that but I'm still up in the air about the cost to benefit ratio.

I need to make the converter lockup at a lower speed for regular highway cruising. Other than that I will say that it is way more aggressive at low speed. I can brakestand it a little over 3k and it's making boost there. The resulting smoke show is impressive, I imagine it would be downright violent if it were on slicks on a prepped track.
I'm running a Circle D 3200. I has really good manners on the street but it does seem to not stall quite as much as 3200. I was pushing through the brakes every time trying to brake stand it. I'm not blaming it on the stall though.
I had to change my lockup settings on mine for around town. It kept locking in 3rd and I didn't like that so I changed it to only lock in 4th at higher speeds. Definitely like that alot more

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Mine is a circle D 3600. They build them tight for turbo cars on purpose. Makes them far more driveable it seems like. Mine will flash to 33-3500 so it pretty close. A heavier car or a stronger engine would probably get the full 3600.

79longroof

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2018
Mine is a circle D 3600. They build them tight for turbo cars on purpose. Makes them far more driveable it seems like. Mine will flash to 33-3500 so it pretty close. A heavier car or a stronger engine would probably get the full 3600.
Well that makes sense. Stalls are the one thing I continue to learn something new about almost daily lol
I am really please with, especially for the price. And Circle Ds customer service is absolutely excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor