do you think 3500 is a fair price

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you can get your core charge back from Amazon. If not, that's a ripoff deal. Just run down to Autozone.

Also, why do you need the bleed screws? The new calipers come with them. You can see them in the pic.

If I had a dollar for everytime I threw down a tool and said I am done working on this "piece of metal" I would be a very rich man!

Glad you chose to just get the parts and fix the car. Many years ago I sold my 74 Nova which had a very potent small block because I was sick of messing with the shifter linkage that never seemed to work right. Could have bought a new shifter and solved my problem but I was just tired of working on some kind of issue every day. That was 30 plus years ago and I under sold a car that I now regret doing looking back at how great it was overall in condition. Never did that again.

you spending too much money, I'm in Canada and the calipers are $28 with new bolts. You won't need speed bleeders, just open the bleeder on the right side caliper first and let it gravity bleed, once no more air bubbles close that bleeder and do the left side the same. Then go back to the right side just to check for air and as long as you don't let the master go dry it should be ok. I don't know how you blocked the rear brake lines but I would not drive it with just the front brakes working

• Agree
Reactions: Opie Knievel
you spending too much money, I'm in Canada and the calipers are $28 with new bolts. You won't need speed bleeders, just open the bleeder on the right side caliper first and let it gravity bleed, once no more air bubbles close that bleeder and do the left side the same. Then go back to the right side just to check for air and as long as you don't let the master go dry it should be ok. I don't know how you blocked the rear brake lines but I would not drive it with just the front brakes working
ok how long does gravity bleeding take? i can only be over there for like 3 hours at a time

ok i was thinking maybe if i buy autozones shortest section of 1/4 brake line to go to the splitter that splits it to 3/16 line, does anyone know what that splitter is called? i have that really nice nicopp line and all the tools for 3/16 so id prefer to use mostly 3/16 to the rears. also i just welded the back of the brake line nut where the brake line went through to stop it from leaking out

proportioning valve

You don't have any friends or family that you can con into pumping the brake pedal for you? Get all of the work done first, gravity bleed them and then get an assistant to pump the pedal for you. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to bleed all 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor