do you think 3500 is a fair price

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a "Club" steering wheel lock that ratchets and put the handle against the seat and the other end on the pedal and on the third pump with it locked I extend it while I push down on the pedal and it stays tight, that's my one man bleeder set up.
d4a67a60-7e1f-4073-930f-050a85e630b8_1.d7898af7d05c6c81beadeb99845e07d6.jpeg
I did something similar a few years back when I converted my 97 Monte to four wheel disc. Only I used a scrap piece of exhaust lol

Matt
If you are going to keep the car you have some things to consider. You need to get the car to your house - how much time and money have you already spent just going back and forth. Rent a trailer - dolly - or just have it towed, if I was close to you I'd do it for you. I kinda warned you of these problems especially on the rear. The car is over 35 years old - buy new calipers, pads, and have the rotors turned. I'm also going to advise new brake cylinders and hardware for the rear - you don't want a 35 year old cylinder to start leaking when you start driving. Manuals and the internet are your friend, use them. I know your a young man and money isn't easy but do it right.

Would be great to have someone willing to show you....things just make more sense when you are able to see it done first hand. I know I watched a few youtubes on one man bleeding before I attempted it and was successful in spite of overthinking the whole process.

does anyone know when you take out a bleeder if it introduces air into the system, i was thinking about using my other speed bleeder that i have and just bleeding the system with that, and putting a regular bleeder in at the end.

One the line is cracked open if there is no pressure in the system air is introduced

• Agree
Reactions: Injectedcutty
If you take the bleeder out and no fluid comes out then there is already air in the system. You can use the speed bleeder and replace with a regular bleeder after you have bled that caliper. The bleeder is always at the top of the caliper with the line in at the bottom to insure the caliper is full of brake fluid and no air after it has been bled. Once bled you can open or remove the bleeder and all that does is waste some brake fluid. You have to make sure the master does not go dry or you'll have start the process over after you bench bleed the master

Were back now boys, i just saw amazon added the 1/4" flare adapter for 15 bucks, im doing the full repair now, brand new lines all the way to the back, and possibly to the front too. i should have everything needed to re do the lines

Great

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor