Need Advice- Crashed UHaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
X2 on this. Might make you feel better for a bit, but no good will come of telling them to f-off and forgetting about it. They'll be back and quoting your ause that you gave them previously.

Facts will be your friend here, not the F bomb.

Close. Facts plus the F bomb once you know you're right. Risks are worth taking once they're calculated and the facts are in your favor.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
A quick look at their site shows many different types of "protection" plans. You really need to read the documents to find out which you bought, and the coverage

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Also, looks like you would need separate coverages on the truck and the trailer...hope they covered both

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Close. Facts plus the F bomb once you know you're right. Risks are worth taking once they're calculated and the facts are in your favor.
Gotta be careful of being abusive to someone that is doing nothing more than their job. On occasion they might reach out and touch you after you verbally abuse them - you never know if the guy in front of you is Bruce Lee in sheep's clothing................be careful disrespecting me and some of those around me for doing our jobs. It can bring out a side of people that you might not expect. It can seem like a good idea until your jaw is wired shut. You never know when you've pissed off a redneck family - until you do.

It way easier to treat others the way you like to be treated - respectfully. Respect doesn't cost anything.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright, so I worked in the car and truck rental world for a decade out of high school but luckily not Uhaul. Typically if someone purchased the collision damage waiver and they returned the truck with damage, they could toss the keys and walk away. There were some exceptions as in peeling a roof on low overpasses, or deliberately hot rodding some sh*t (trust me it happened).
However, the situation you're explaining should be cut and dry. They're not wanting to foot the bill. As long as you purchased the correct collision waiver that protected the truck you "should" be fine....but it's usually more than $8/day.
PM me a pic of the rental agreement if you want and I'll see if anything looks fishy.

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Usually the cheap damage waiver just covers light damage like a cracked grill, dented bumper etc.

• Agree

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Gotta be careful of being abusive to someone that is doing nothing more than their job. On occasion they might reach out and touch you after you verbally abuse them - you never know if the guy in front of you is Bruce Lee in sheep's clothing................be careful disrespecting me and some of those around me for doing our jobs. It can bring out a side of people that you might not expect. It can seem like a good idea until your jaw is wired shut. You never know when you've pissed off a redneck family - until you do.

It way easier to treat others the way you like to be treated - respectfully. Respect doesn't cost anything.

Be that as it may, the messenger must realize the position he or she is in, especially if they're in the wrong, and are perceived to be harassing someone. Just like a telemarketer or solicitor. I didn't invite you to my property so you can F right off. I do it all the time, especially with the lame @$$ hustles they come up with just to try and get you to talk. Dude paid for insurance to avoid this very thing. IMO he should do his homework with the end goal of flipping them the bird should that be his desire. It certainly would be mine.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The "homework" should have been done when renting...to KNOW EXACTLY what he was buying. My bet is coverage on the trailer only for $8/day.

In no way am I rooting against MrSony, just offering up some insight from 6 decades of walking around this ball of dirt.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Be that as it may, the messenger must realize the position he or she is in, especially if they're in the wrong, and are perceived to be harassing someone. Just like a telemarketer or solicitor. I didn't invite you to my property so you can F right off. I do it all the time, especially with the lame @$$ hustles they come up with just to try and get you to talk. Dude paid for insurance to avoid this very thing. IMO he should do his homework with the end goal of flipping them the bird should that be his desire. It certainly would be mine.
Not even remotely accurate - the messenger is in the wrong for delivering a message?? Never. Mr. Sony should be responsible for what he caused/created - kinda like being responsible for the offspring that one might create.

He should handle this issue head on with honesty, integrity and respect. And 110% he should expect that in return and stand for nothing less. I'm not saying to bow to the man, but if he's in the wrong and responsible, then he needs to do the right thing. If he's not responsible, then he needs to be respectful in explaining that to the guy that's doing his job and he should take no sh*t.

Acting like adults is what should be done. I'm the 1st one to stand up for what is right and wrong. But claiming that it's not my fault that I didn't have insurance for a rented vehicle that I was unable to safely navigate because of weather is my fault, not anyone else's. If he had insurance for a situation of that nature, then the insurance should cover it.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm sayin' that people can be respectful of each other (both directions) and can be honest and responsible for their actions.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor