Need clear pictures of a complete original factory vacuum line setup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
So to be real short about it, I knew that my engine had at least a couple vacuum leaks, prior to rebuilding the carb. Now that it’s all back together, I’ve went out and bought enough vacuum hose to replace all of them, and I’ve been over the emissions label on the fan shroud, looked at several manuals, and I have most figured out and hooked up. It just seems to me that there is something, possibly 2 components on the right (passenger) side of the engine, that must be missing because I can’t make heads or tails of these last couple lines based on the diagrams I’ve seen. Is there anyone out there who has a 1983-1984 Cutlass or Regal with the 3.8L V6 and E2ME dual-jet carb who has some clear pictures of the exact factory routing for this mess of lines?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You'll need to share if you have/had cruise control or not.

On an 83 there was a vacuum controlled cruise solenoid on the plastic wheelwell which could easily be the source of your confusion/problems.

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
Sorry, yes it does have cruise control, although the module/unit for it is on the drivers side and all the lines to/from it seem to be correct. The extras I have seem to belong on the passenger side, all of the HVAC stuff is connected and functioning correctly (blend and temperature doors are opening/closing) PCV, front/rear vacuum breaks, EGR, even the line from the vacuum modulator on the factory original TH350 are all connected...I’m stumped

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
do you have the vacuum line going to the air filter container and there is another going to the EFE

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
No THERMAC vacuum line, the valve inside the air cleaner housing is stuck in the open position, and the EFE is the thing that looks like a spacer between the carburetor and intake right? If so that was discarded last year when I rebuilt the carb. I was told it would have no real affect on the running condition without it anyway, I don’t remember it having a vacuum port but it did have a 2-wire electrical connector on it.
do you have the vacuum line going to the air filter container and there is another going to the EFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor