need help..astroroof /headliner pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks86442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2008
lincoln park,michigan
if anyone can help me out , i need a few pictures of the headliner around the factory astroroof. The previous owner removed the headliner and iam having trouble getting it back in.. : ( seems to have some trim/mouldings missing around the edge....

any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Rick
can send them to my email [email protected]

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
ricks86442 said:
if anyone can help me out , i need a few pictures of the headliner around the factory astroroof. The previous owner removed the headliner and iam having trouble getting it back in.. : ( seems to have some trim/mouldings missing around the edge....

any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Rick
can send them to my email [email protected]
If you could just post some pics, to help describe what you are talking about, I ( or someone else) could help you out.

ricks86442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2008
lincoln park,michigan
unable to post pictures here.. looking at pictures brian from gbodyparts sent the previous owner cut headliner opening too big as there is a gap that should not be there... guess i need to buy a new headliner....

thanks for replies

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Only pic online I could find.
IMG_2139.jpg

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
that's a after market sunroof. the factory moon roof/astro roof had a formed headliner for the moon roof. going to be hard to come by but any g body with one would be correct

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
rick,
do you still need some pics? let me know and I can get some of the one in my cutlass... my headliner is shot, but all there as far as trim...

ricks86442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2008
lincoln park,michigan
thanks for the offer of pictures, but from the pictures bweavy sent the previous owner cut the new headliner way too short... nothing is missing as far as trim.. i will have to replace it this winter......

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
Interested in this also. My slide cover opens up every time I give it some gas and was wondering if anyone had pics of the factory sunroom headline and lock. Also, when opening and closing, it continues to click after it is in the final position.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
jpoole said:
Interested in this also. My slide cover opens up every time I give it some gas and was wondering if anyone had pics of the factory sunroom headline and lock. Also, when opening and closing, it continues to click after it is in the final position.

it clicks because your cables are broke and the gear from the motor is "skipping"....after awhile the moon roof will not close all the way when the gear or the worm on the cable wears out. I just replaced both my cables for the same issue.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
tobyp said:
it clicks because your cables are broke and the gear from the motor is "skipping"....after awhile the moon roof will not close all the way when the gear or the worm on the cable wears out. I just replaced both my cables for the same issue.

Hi tobyp, where did you get the cables?

thanks, Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor