Need help finding parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Welcome aboard!
You'll have to post some pics of your wagon for us wagon lovers to see..

I can't see it being that difficult to locate a fuel sending unit. However, I just looked on Rock Auto. They indicate having the tank, but not the sending unit...only for the sedan/ coupe.

oh, yes! umm how do I upload my pictures?
Also its been a week and half searching for this darn part.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Are the pics loaded onto your computer? If so, click onto "upload a file" which you'll see right below the area where you'd reply to a question, etc. It will then direct you to your computer where your pics would be stored.
Where are your pics stored?

Any luck finding the fuel sender?

Last edited:

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
So far I have only found this Tank that says it comes with the sending Unit. I'm thinking I will have to resort to this. here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_161230904.jpg
    IMG_20170514_161230904.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20170514_192005891.jpg
    IMG_20170514_192005891.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 253
Reactions: 1 users

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Are the pics loaded onto your computer? If so, click onto "upload a file" which you'll see right below the area where you'd reply to a question, etc. It will then direct you to your computer where your pics would be stored.
Where are your pics stored?

Any luck finding the fuel sender?

Oops forgot to hit eply! i posted some pictures just on the thread. her is one more
Hello,

Im quite new to this forum. I recently bought a 1983 Chevy Malibu Classic Station Wagon and I had noticed the fuel gauge was a tad broken. Now we have a dropped the tank and found out that the Fuel Sending Unit is bust. Now I have been looking everywhere I can think of for this darn unit and I cant find it at all, only the Sedan counter part that obvisously won't work. The only thing i have found is a wagon gas tank that seems to come with the Fuel Sending Unit but im unsure. I live in Canada by the way.

UPDATE!, We have 'fixed' the we had. we simulated for the first time and it worked perfectly. it seems as thou the cluster is messed up. Keep sending 6 instead of 13 volts back to the Unit so the gauge will only reach quarter tank.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Oops forgot to hit eply! i posted some pictures just on the thread. her is one more

UPDATE!, We have 'fixed' the we had. we simulated for the first time and it worked perfectly. it seems as thou the cluster is messed up. Keep sending 6 instead of 13 volts back to the Unit so the gauge will only reach quarter tank.
That's good new man.. I guess it will save you the aggravation of trying to hunt one down. I had no idea they were that difficult to find. I guess I've been lucky all these years.

Oh, and thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully we'll see a few more....;) Looks like a nice wagon.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

That's good new man.. I guess it will save you the aggravation of trying to hunt one down. I had no idea they were that difficult to find. I guess I've been lucky all these years.

Oh, and thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully we'll see a few more....;)
Looks like a nice wagon.

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada

Oh, and thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully we'll see a few more....;)
Looks like a nice wagon.

We have fixed the Sending unit problem compeletely! Could you help me out with how to sand my car? I'm quite unsure with how are what to start with. Do I need special paper?, a power grinder or would a regular hand sander work?, do i need to wet it? Oh, so many questions. I have asked many friends and family but they seem to not want to help me. If you could that'd be great and if not could you link a good video or article?
After I get the sanding done I will posting much more picture.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
We have fixed the Sending unit problem compeletely! Could you help me out with how to sand my car? I'm quite unsure with how are what to start with. Do I need special paper?, a power grinder or would a regular hand sander work?, do i need to wet it? Oh, so many questions. I have asked many friends and family but they seem to not want to help me. If you could that'd be great and if not could you link a good video or article?
After I get the sanding done I will posting much more picture.
Are your plans to take it down to bare metal? What are you looking to achieve...prep for repaint? Let's start with those questions first.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

the sender unit measures in ohms, 0 ohms is empty and 90 ohms is full

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor