MONTE CARLO Need Help.....L.E.D. lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

torn151

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2019
Need some help. The great lighting debacle continues. ..In my 84 monte carlo, I've put in all new light sockets, all lights are now LED's. Put resistor's on front & back turn signal lights.(From what I've found it's recommended to put them on anything that blinks). Changed both flasher's/relay's under dash(fuse box). All lights come on, hazard's flash but my turn signal's do not blink !! ...I've tried just resistor's, just flasher's/relay's, different combinations and still my turn signals will not blink!! Anyone have any idea's?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Your issue has me baffled tbh. I have LED's in all my lights in my Cutlass...turns, brake, tails, courtesy, etc. The only thing I did was add the LED flashers with the ground wire.

Reactions: 1 users

torn151

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2019
Your issue has me baffled tbh. I have LED's in all my lights in my Cutlass...turns, brake, tails, courtesy, etc. The only thing I did was add the LED flashers with the ground wire.
Had other's tell me the same thing. I don't get it, been trying a month to figure it out. Turn signals all worked with old bulbs. Now i can;t get them to blink

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Here's a simple idea: you got the wrong shizz.
The resistors are to simulate a bulb. The LED flashers have a load built in to simulate bulbs.
You have both. Think there could be a problem?
Try removing one, and see what happens.
You need to isolate marker lights because they pull ground through the turn signals.

Reactions: 1 users

torn151

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2019
Here's a simple idea: you got the wrong shizz.
The resistors are to simulate a bulb. The LED flashers have a load built in to simulate bulbs.
You have both. Think there could be a problem?
Try removing one, and see what happens.
You need to isolate marker lights because they pull ground through the turn signals.
I've tried JUST resistors and i've tried JUST flashers....all have the same result. ALL lights work, turn signals dont blink !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor