Need some help

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
Hey everyone, I'm trying to mount my engine (97 lt1) and trans t56 to my frame so I can drill some holes to mount my trans crossmember to the frame extension that I made.
I'm using the holley clamshell motor mounts
1000006501.jpg

And the umi engine mounts
1000006500.jpg

First it was hard as hell to get the block mounted everything was off about a half Inch. But after some wd40 and a hammer it was attached. All the bolts where left loose during this ordeal. Finally attached the transmission set it down on the crossmember and snuged down all the motor mount bolts . And now everything looks like \ and the transmission mount is off by about a inch or so. If I loosen the driverside mount it straightened out.
20230813_124326.jpg

smed7880

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2010
Good progress Happy.

If youre using the holley crossmember they have plates that attach to the crossmember for each transmission so the crossmember can be used with multiple applications. If not holley crossmember maybe that crossmember has the same concept?

Are your drilled frame holes aligned?

Hope that helps, just throwing dirt on the wall

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
Yes im using the holley crossmember but I couldn't use the adapters because I boxed my frame where they would normally go. And welded a tab for the crossmember to attach to.

smed7880

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2010
This is the adapter i was thinking of.

This one is for a truck. Wont help but pic just in case

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813-192406_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230813-192406_Samsung Internet.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 60

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
So with Engine Mounts loose the T56 sits in it's proper place, with them tight the T56 moves off center to one side?
Correct, after another look a few minutes ago with the mounts loose it still sits a little off center looks like the tail of the transmission is pointed towards the passenger side, but when the motor mounts are snuged up it really points to the passenger side.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor