Needing Interior parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cla66640

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2020
So I am rebuilding my first g-body. 78 monte carlo. Picked it up in a dirt lot for 600 bucks so as you can imagine the entire car is in need of work. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good website to find interior parts. Particularly dash and door panel replacements. So far I've pretty much found only dash mold covers, but id rather replace them completely because mine are gross. Any help is appreciated

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
78-80 Monte Carlo el Camino and Malibu dashes are the same. All g-body door panels will work. Where are you located?

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
So I am rebuilding my first g-body. 78 monte carlo. Picked it up in a dirt lot for 600 bucks so as you can imagine the entire car is in need of work. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good website to find interior parts. Particularly dash and door panel replacements. So far I've pretty much found only dash mold covers, but id rather replace them completely because mine are gross. Any help is appreciated
It will be more economical to get a parts car with a good interior rather than buying everything piece by piece.

From what I've seen..... Interiors on 78-80 parts cars are pretty well shot....but if you could find, say an 86-88 monte SS bucket seat parts car, everything should swap over with the exception of the rear quarter windows.

Reactions: 1 user

Cla66640

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2020
It will be more economical to get a parts car with a good interior rather than buying everything piece by piece.

From what I've seen..... Interiors on 78-80 parts cars are pretty well shot....but if you could find, say an 86-88 monte SS bucket seat parts car, everything should swap over with the exception of the rear quarter windows.

Not a bad idea. Thanks for the advice.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Welcome fellow Arizona member!

Post some pics of your ride and maybe an intro as to your goal for this new car of yours.

To answer your questions, Dixie Restore Depot and Mike Montes has most of what youre looking for. As to be expected though, these are not the most inexpensive parts around, but you do get what you pay for in terms of quality. Good luck!

Cla66640

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2020
20200229_142757.jpg

There she is. I'll be posting all the first day pics as well as updates as I continue to tear through. Thanks for all the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor