needs neutral safety switch advice on my 84SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.SSMCx2

n00b
Apr 27, 2011
VA
i have a floor shifter in & i need the neutral safety switch to work so i can run at the track....help help help

If it's a B&M or something like that it should come with a kit to wire it up.
A quick google search should find some simple instructions.
I don't race mine so i didn't bother.

Keep the stock linkage from the transmission to collumn, your safety and revese lights will still work like they are ment to.

i brought the car in January with the shifter already in...im not sure if it still has the stock linkage

Look below the brake booster and see if there is a rod coming up to your steering collumn.

theres a cable coming out of the firewall under the brake booster that runs to the underside of the car...pretty much looks like a transmission cable...

If your floor shifter cable is coming out the firewall that is half azzed. Here's a pic of the linkages, I just don't have a transmission in the car.
partsforsale269.jpg

i 4got to mention this is not the original motor...i dnt think they left the stock linkage in...my uncle thinks it wont work...i told him the instructions but he says it wont work that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor