Neutral safety switch wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckola

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2008
Burlington ont.
Hi
I have a B&M shifter in my 79 El Camino and need to hook up the NS switch. I have hooked up the backup lites but cannot find the NSS wires(po has swapped in a different column) I don`t mind simply tapping in to an ignition switch wire I just have to know which one. pics would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Steve

david

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 21, 2008
fallon,nv
the wire you want is purple from the switch or a little farther down is the neutral safty switch either way the wire is purple

buckola

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2008
Burlington ont.
david said:
the wire you want is purple from the switch or a little farther down is the neutral safty switch either way the wire is purple

The purple wire it is!!! The only switch at the bottom of my column was for the Back Up lights. The column looks like it may have been swapped out by PO. However looping through the purple to the B&M micro switches did the trick.

Thanks for your help
Steve

406monte

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Quantico, VA
The purple on i always wondered which one it was too. I need to hook it up also thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor