New Forum Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnts79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2008
Whats up fellow G-body gurus... Well let's see, my Malibu was my first car, picked it up for $400, it was sea foam green inside and out with a blown up 200/th-350/7.5" open 2.73 rear end. I got it when I was 14 as a father son fixer upper. After we got it home we proceeded to tear it apart and replace just about everything! The first semi resto job consisted of a warmed over .060 over 283, rebuilt the th-350, replaced the rear sections of the frame (notorious for rot on g-bodies), new brakes all around, Monte SS aluminum rims, revamped interior (Black), and a carbide metallic dark green paint job. Well that sufficed through high school and last summer the restoration began again. Over the 4 years of high school the Malibu had a rough go of things, it got backed into 3 times.... Resulting in a crushed driver’s door, scraped ds fender, and my front license plate got ripped off... What the hell is wrong with people??? Anyway, this resto was a bit more expensive! It began with a 4 bolt main 400 my uncle gave me, we tore it down and found an immaculate 400 core, worthy of a stout rebuild. I took the block to the shop for a once over and a .030 bore, the decks from the factory were within .005"! So off to the internet, and after a Scat 9000 crank, set of Eagle H-Beam 4340 rods, Speed pro Forged pistons, SFI 18:1 balancer and flexplate, Comp 292H, Cloyes double roller timing set, set of LT-1 heads(eBay), Holley 750, and various other do-dads I had a pile of parts ready for balancing and then the build-up. Long story short the Malibu now sports an aluminum headed 406/700R4/7.5" 3.73 posi, and a new pepper grey metallic paint job/ and a Harwood cowl induction hood. I had it at the track before I got all the bugs worked out of it last summer and it ran a street tire traction limited.... 1/8 mile time of 8.78. I know the motor has enough for low 8's, possibly high 7's w/o spray with a good launch. Hopefully with the new 2400 stall and the 12 bolt this spring I can put up some better ET's. Think I am done now! How do you post pics on this forum....PM please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor