New from Elko, Nevada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Looks good! Needs work but it is a solid start. My MC looked about the same a few years back haha if there's any questions you have this is the place to find your answer!

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
One step at a time. Think, ask, think again and go for it. It's your car. Make a decision and embrace it. It really doesn't matter what other people think about your ride. It looks like a great project Jake and we are here to help you on the process excepting donations of course:)
as we are broke as you are.....But...we have valuable info for free

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool project! Glad to see another G Body find a good home.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyJake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2017
Elko, Nevada
Elko. So which mine do you work at? My job has a shop in Elko so I've spent some time there.

I actually work for FedEx out here but ya the mines are the main thing. Which shop? Small world huh?

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcome! I put the matching front wheels on the other day and fixed a few things. New springs are in order and of course this thing really REALLY needs paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1262.JPG
    IMG_1262.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. That's a good looking Monte Carlo you've got there. I say forget about the paint. Make it fast and leave it looking like it does. It'll hurt the feelings of drivers of "nice" looking cars more when you blow their doors off!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Looks good!! It took me two years to save up for a paint job so patience is key!!
Before you know it you'll be looking back and be like wow!!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I see a diamond in the rough...although I like the thought of leaving it alone on the exterior and getting it mechanically in tip-top shape.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor