MONTE CARLO New fuel tank replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
The painted tanks are not plated or coated inside. I have one on one of my cars. It sits in the garage so I am not terribly concerned. I would he looking for a plated ir galvanized tank if your car is in a damp or humid place.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Dunno why you'd buy a 500 fancy tank when a stock replacement 4.3 monte or 3.8 grand national is just as good.:blam:
Musy be a money trap for the clueless ls swap guys.
Spent $110 on my Spectre tank. If you looked closer and saw what they actually were, you'd see it. That takes some looking and comprehension tho. They are complete EFI Units. Clueless, meet clue'd...

LS isn't the only EFI out there. Holley and FI Tech are a couple examples of aftermarket systems that need an EFI Gas Tank, unless you choose another route to build it.

Some of you all with these "years of experience" really show how much you know of what's out there. Then again shows how much you've built.

In the military we had a term for the closed minded individuals such as that. That term is: head stuck in @ss, situation normal.

Also applies to the whole US Army, and Ford owners.. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I did a cursory check on their fuel tanks and I'm not sure what you were looking at but they're pushing the heck out of $500 ready to go FI tanks. Fugg that.
I took a look into that just out of curiosity, from what I saw those setups are tanks complete with the sending unit and fuel pump. Basically hook your lines up, wire it up and it's ready to go.

Which yes compare that to an empty tank, bare sending unit, fuel pump.. could piece what you need together for cheaper.

Holley recently has put out a whole drop in Sending Unit with a pump on it, way it's designed basically can work in a non baffled factory carb tank and be good to go. Seen a couple people use them and so far it seems to be working fine.

From what I can tell the OP is just looking for a normal non EFI tank.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Lol the guy just needs a gas tank.. old one out new one in.

Relaxing Love Life GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I wonder if Holley and Tanks Inc tanks have the spitting back issue when filling that the other after market tanks have?
I've looked at mine and have an idea for a design to mitigate that. Next time I have to drop mine I'll look into it. Or unless I get really bored haha..

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Spent $110 on my Spectre tank. If you looked closer and saw what they actually were, you'd see it. That takes some looking and comprehension tho. They are complete EFI Units. Clueless, meet clue'd...

LS isn't the only EFI out there. Holley and FI Tech are a couple examples of aftermarket systems that need an EFI Gas Tank, unless you choose another route to build it.

Some of you all with these "years of experience" really show how much you know of what's out there. Then again shows how much you've built.

In the military we had a term for the closed minded individuals such as that. That term is: head stuck in @ss, situation normal.

Also applies to the whole US Army, and Ford owners.. 🤣
Here, you go, making something about you that never was... I gotta wonder, do you subscribe to the old greco-roman conundrum about everything revolving around the earth, you at its center?

I stand by my statement. More guys buy gm FI tanks for hacked up ls swaps than holley FI Tech etc going into gms combined. And usually they throw money away.

These days spectra tanks cost more absent a sale/rebate than they were. Every car I change a tank on I put the FI baffled version because a few bucks now means you can swap engines to anything you want later.

But, premise remains, that tank they sell is almost twice the price of putting it together yourself, and, there is one market buying more FI gm tanks than any other, regardless of whether it offends your sensibilities.

Grow a thicker skin.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I stand by my statement. More guys buy gm FI tanks for hacked up ls swaps than holley FI Tech etc going into gms combined. And usually they throw money away.
This right here is why I'm on your @ss. I've seen nothing from you I'm impressed with. Why I'm wondering the reason you run that head and what the meatmass in it consists of. So for you to critique others and what "hacked" work us "LS Swap" guys do, yea you have no ground to stand on. Worry about others much? People spend money the way they want, don't like it, go buy what you feel people need..put your money where your crap opinion is.

I'd say stop running your head but this is the internet and people like you can thrive on that keyboard. You are a legend in YOUR own world, I'm proud of you.
Grow a thicker skin.
Skin is more than thick here, we just don't like those that run their head like a barking little mop dog that needs to be kicked in the teeth. You are that mop dog. We've been over this. Yap yap, yap yap..

We build cars, you yap. It's in your blood. I got you. Don't worry. No need to turn this into the past pissing matches. I'm here for the tech info, one of us is good for that.

I'll be standing by waiting for the next "LS guy" jab, coming from the Ford fanboy in a GM group..

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor