• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Could you not use a generic, stylized or cartooned G Body outline for the coupes. Something like the Ed Roth cartoons(I think I have the right name)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Beckys79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2017
Oregon
I like Jack's idea. Another would be to have 3 or 4 of the under represented cars on it. My vote would be 78-80 Cutlass, 81-87 Grand Prix and either the Malibu coupe, wagon or El Camino.
I like Jack's idea. Another would be to have 3 or 4 of the under represented cars on it. My vote would be 78-80 Cutlass, 81-87 Grand Prix and either the Malibu coupe, wagon or El Camino.

I like this idea.....my vote would be Grand Prix and the El Camino.

Oct 31, 2017
Ramblings:
If I wasn't lazy, I'd help design a shirt. Instead, I will pitch an idea.
One shirt for the coupe-only models, and one for the multi-layout platforms

It would have a lot to do with overlapping side-view silhouette outlines, using black where they match and separate bright colors where they differentiate. They would be lined up at the wheels. Cars with wheelbases that don't match would only be lined up with the front wheel.

-The Coupe shirt would need 5 colors: GP, 2+2, Cutlass, Regal, Monte SS Aero to keep it simple yet inclusive. (Excludes Regal header panel change, GNX & H/O, Monte, Monte LS, and std Monte SS. Would all be too hard to make stand out from the others) Due to the way these models look, the design may look cluttered, but that could be helped by separating each silhouette vertically and "listing" them down the back of the shirt. (the other 3 Montes could then be included this way, as they are still visibly different in ways) Also, thanks to having only 1 body type, windows can be included. The door universal door window in all-black, and the quarter window showing each difference. (Olds with the curved corner, Regal with the flat bottom, GP & SS with their larger "angular" shape)

-The Multi-layout shirts would need 6 colors: Sedan (universal), Wagon (uni), Ute (Elky/Caballero), Malibu coupe, Fastback (CenturySportCoupe / ButtlessCutlass) and Grand Am. (Choo Choo excluded.) This design would be far more effective since the changes between these cars are far more drastic and would be far more visible at a glance. And if the "list down the back" idea from the coupe shirt is carried over, perhaps there can be small text underneath each car silhouette stating each model. Example: -Wagon silhouette- underneath, "Chevy Malibu, Pontiac Safari, etc."

Under that (talking about the front again now), a line of reference text. (Reference to G bodies, jack of all trades, etc.)
And lastly, under that, from left to right, the logo of each participating GM brand. (4 or 5 depending on the model. Can't forget 'ol GMC now...)

I didn't realize just how huge the list of G-bodies really was until now.

Anyway, if I still had Adobe Illustrator I would maybe try this. I have GIMP but idk if it does vector drawings.

EDIT: I may still try and make a proof-of-concept.

EDIT: Just realized I've forgotten the '78-'80 coupes. There are over 18 visually distinct G bodies. o_O

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Since we're reviving and old topic....

What about putting some of the cars of the month onto shirts?

Winners maybe get one free shirt in their size (choice of M thru XL perhaps?)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Since we're reviving and old topic....

What about putting some of the cars of the month onto shirts?

Winners maybe get one free shirt in their size (choice of M thru XL perhaps?)
I would have really liked that when I won I would have gotten one for every one I know lol my wife would have killed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor