New Guy, 1981 Regal Ltd -WHEEL UPDATE! 11/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim F

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2010
Re: New Guy, My 1981 Regal Ltd

doorslamminregal said:
Could you tell me how you did your bumpers??

After separating the inner form the outer shell, the upper inner bolts where removed and replaced with carriage bolts that had the round part of the head removed, leaving only the square. they where then welded to the outer shell and ground flush and finished with a light coat of bondo to fill the scratches. Then when the 2 halves are mated back together, simply install the nuts as you normally would. Quite simple and easy, and looks much better without the granny bumpers.
The bumpers where sandblasted to remove the chrome after they where first removed and separated.

Jim F

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2010

81limitedT said:
Did yours have all the chrome tip to tail on the lower body before the bodykit?

Yes, and it was beat to hell and back. Unbelievably, this car was completely rust free after removing all the junk 8)

doorslamminregal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2010

Thanks for the info!! do you have an idea how many hours you got into that??

Jim F

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2010

doorslamminregal said:
Thanks for the info!! do you have an idea how many hours you got into that??

sh*t dude, I did that back in '02 when I first started on the car. I would guess maybe 5-6 hours just in the bumpers to get to primer stage. Wasn't difficult at all, just time. I have some photos after the body filler has been applied but none showing the early processes.

Jim F

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2010

Well, the deal on the Telstars didnt materialize, but I scored some Centerlines cheap.
Not showy, but better than hubcaps!

left.jpg

P9240005.jpg

Now the bad news,
This car is for sale
Location, NW Montana

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
those wheels def look better on the car than the cheesy caps! 8)

sorry to hear you gotta sell it off... hopefully you'll be able to do it quick, like tearing off a band-aid!

joemadrum

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
nice car and thank god you got rid of those those rims lol...but i could swear ive seen this car on this forum before...or maybe another forum. but definitely somewhere :eek:...anywho love it bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor