New guy 86 MCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2017
Just got a 86 Monte Carlo ss a few months back definitely gonna need a full restoration being the frame rails are the worst part. Just purchased a kit from conrad but didn't come with instructions on how to put it on. I'm a certified Welder so that's no problem. Anyone know where I can get a good write up at?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1219348525.jpg
    Snapchat-1219348525.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
  • Snapchat-101439518.jpg
    Snapchat-101439518.jpg
    970.2 KB · Views: 143

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
welcome
liken that blue ! cannot help you on a good write up But have you called Conrad ? he's a talker.
on a other thread you mention the channels they slip into the existing frame ( after you cut the back 30" ? off ) only half way closed end out. Tack them to help tie the new section in. hopefully that helps you.
have you search u-tube for this ? are you local to Conrad in Woodstock ?

Dave

Feb 27, 2017
Thanks man its prolly gonna get painted black after I'm done with everything but I'm actually in ohio. Iv contacted him and he said to measure the side of the frame rail and that's what I should measure on my frame to cut off. Then slip in the channel half way and tack it then slip on the rail. I'm assuming the sides should butt right up to where I cut and both the top and bottom overlap being there longer. I'm prolly gonna message him again when I get around to pulling the tank and getting the body mount bolts out

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Brian.
Good luck with your frame rail repair...maybe post some pics of the work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor