New guy from OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

86MonteLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2008
Lima, OH
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the g-bodies and will prolly be seeking a lot of advice on here.

I am just about 20 years old and I own a 86 Monte SC with T-Tops that I bought as a graduation present for myself. Its a pretty nice car, not perfect and not an SS, but I still like it. I'm planning on upgrading a few things while I have it.

So far, I had the rear frame rails replaced from about a year ago.

My winter project is repairing the floor boards and cleaning up the interior a little. I'm about done with that and I'll try to get some pictures up of it. I plan on POR15ing the inside and bottom of the floorboard as well as the frame once the weather warms up.

During the spring I'm planning on upgrading the suspension so I drop a SBC in the car. A family friend has a 350 that could use a rebuild and I have a 460 from a truck my dad use to have and I think we might trade. I have a Chevy, and he has an old Ford that he is making a rat-rod out of.

My goal is to build a nice little 383 stroker that I can drop into my Monte, over the next few years. I would like to get it done as quick as possible, but I rather it all be done right and my budget will be a little limited for a while after I graduate.

So yea, that's pretty much my ideas in a nutshell, and this forum will be my best friend through out the process. I look forward to getting advice from the experts.

Sorry this is a pretty long introduction guys

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome! Sounds like you have good plans for the car. Good luck! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Wonder if anybody has put a big block Ford in a g-body? It could be very cool, bad *ss and streetable. You would not have to put a stroker crank in it to get some inches and torque then again you still could and make it a 514ci! At any rate I would keep the 460 and just pick up another engine for the monte.

81malibag

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2007
Slohio
RE: Chevy powered Ford!

My wife's 1 uncle dropped in a 283 Chevy & Muncie 4 spd into a 78 Ford shortbed yrs. ago & it was quite fast & fun to drive. Her cuz has it now & still occasionaly drives it. With a torch, welder, tools & the human mind, anything is possible..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor