new guy from ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
i donk know where you live from "clone" but my car had similar problems around various areas including in the areas around the trunk pan. in ohio this is pretty much the norm because we keep a lot of old cars outside. :blam: tell me about it my car sat two years before i saved it with this stuff that turns rust back into metal. also with a nice bit of bondo i was able to help the rusty holes in my cars top over the rear pass windows.

I'm only 30 minutes west of you near the Indiana border.

After messing with the rust on my car restoring it, there's no way I'd bother with something that far gone. It's just not worth the time or effort when you can find something nicer.

The only way to properly fix the rust on that car would be to cut it out and weld new in. Not the easiest task on a roof.

my dad isnt going to let my drive it if i buy it because its so beat. so my plan is to buy a cutlass in better condition and swap the useable parts over

o well if thats how he feels about it then buying another is better. do you think that you'd like to sell the rally gauges out of it? also what year is this 442?

I don't know what year it is. All i know is that it is a 442 and has been sitting in my uncles back yard for the past 4 years or so gathering rust. I'm not sure on the gauges I will have to get back to you on that because I won't be buying any cars until at least late april when it starts getting closer to the point when i get my licecnce

no rush on the gauges. just askin because im building a W-option replica. also if you could see if he wanted to sell it or not that would be gracious man, thanks

I'm pretty sure he would sell it. He needs money and would likely sell it cheap. He has a chevelle sitting in his garage anyways

Yikes, I can't wait to see your car in a couple years if you just used rust converter and bondo'd over the holes... :shock:

Judging by the taillights and grilles, it's an '85.

That'd be a perfect donor car if you get your hands on a clean Cutlass body.
I wouldn't go selling any parts off of it, since you'll probably want all the goodies that a 442 has to offer for whatever car you end up with.

Good point. Will be a long while before I get a car may not even be a cutlass could be any of the other G body cars. Whatever I get the best deal on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor