New guy from Southern Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketeer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2013
Petersburg,In
Hello,
I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Jason and I joined this forum to learn a little more about the G body cars. I have a 1979 Cutlass Supreme with a 305/350 turbo that I'm currently working on that has 99,987 miles on the car. I am the third owner of the car. The car was owned by a little granny and she had given this car to her grandson for a vehicle to use at college. I bought the car for 500 bucks off Craigslist when the kid decided to move back home after college. The car has black vinyl interior and over all is in really good shape. There is only a couple of small rust spots on the car and a few dents that came from granny's lack of vision vs the garage door. :lol:
For now I'm going to build a mild 350 sbc to replace the 305. So far I've added a performer cam to the 305 and I've yet to put the performer rpm intake on it that has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for a few months now. :roll:
Eventually I plan on building a 425 Olds that I have, but for now the 350 chevy will be plenty fast enough when it's done and replaces the 305. I like 305's, but I found a great deal on a 350 that came from a police car.
I thought that joining this forum might get me a little bit more motivated to work on my car by seeing what other people are doing with their rides.
I look forward to getting to know you guys and seeing what you've done with your cars.

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Welcome from east of Cincinnati.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Welcome to the forum. What area of southern IN are you from? I'm in southern IN too...Lawrence county/Bedford area. Sounds like an awesome car. Any pics?? Glad to hear u plan on dropping an olds in it!

Rocketeer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2013
Petersburg,In
Evan's 85 said:
Welcome to the forum. What area of southern IN are you from? I'm in southern IN too...Lawrence county/Bedford area. Sounds like an awesome car. Any pics?? Glad to hear u plan on dropping an olds in it!

Evan's 85 : I believe we may have exchanged text messages before? If I remember correctly, were you the one that I told about my brother that does vinyl decals from a Craigslist post? Does that ring a bell with you? I live in Pike county/Petersburg, the tornado magnet, just like Lawrence county is. I finally decided to join a forum and actually start doing something with this car. I've got it all sanded down and I've been working on the dents in the doors and the drivers quarter panel. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a few pictures of the interior and maybe a few of the body. She's not to pretty right now, she needs some makeup. :rofl:

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Rocketeer said:
Evan's 85 said:

Evan's 85 : I believe we may have exchanged text messages before? If I remember correctly, were you the one that I told about my brother that does vinyl decals from a Craigslist post? Does that ring a bell with you? I live in Pike county/Petersburg, the tornado magnet, just like Lawrence county is. I finally decided to join a forum and actually start doing something with this car. I've got it all sanded down and I've been working on the dents in the doors and the drivers quarter panel. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a few pictures of the interior and maybe a few of the body. She's not to pretty right now, she needs some makeup. :rofl:
I know where that's at. Many good parts yards over your way? It's possible that we have spoken, I do remember someone having a decal ad on terre haute cl, seems like I might've asked about something.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Rocketeer said:
Evan's 85 said:

I totally remember now! Yes, we have. I Remember your car now & the decals your brother made you. I never knew where u were from, i had in mind that you were in loogootee, IN for some reason. I'd still like to get a decal for the windshield. I totally forgot all about that! I'll try to get some pics of the old windshield decals I've always liked & try to get some possible dimensions around spring time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor