New guy from the Tall Corn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Howdy,
Looks like I've been missing out on quite a bit, by not being a member of this site! My ride is a 1979 Monte with a 383, 700R4 & 9in rear end. I am looking fwd to taking it on my first Hot Rod Power Tour next week! :lol: I'll be on the Ames & Rochester stops if you are planning on going!
normal_Monte_Carlo.jpeg

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
A few more pics.

normal_Monte_Carlo_Burnout.JPG
normal_monte.jpg

Here are a couple more pics. How do you search for & view other's Galleries? Love that Monte of yours.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
8)

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
rmorman said:
Howdy,
Looks like I've been missing out on quite a bit, by not being a member of this site! My ride is a 1979 Monte with a 383, 700R4 & 9in rear end. I am looking fwd to taking it on my first Hot Rod Power Tour next week! :lol: I'll be on the Ames & Rochester stops if you are planning on going!
normal_Monte_Carlo.jpeg

Awesome looking ride. Sounds like a similar drivetrain that my car has.I bet it is a blast to drive.Love to see more pictures.

A1Yola

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2008
I can't imagine how it feels to drive that baby. That burnout looks sick to. How does the ride feel. I've never driven an old school Chevy only olds.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
The ride is a bit stiff. 2 years ago I gutted the underside and put a COMPLETE Hotchkis suspension system under it and replaced ALL of the rubber bushings with polyurathane. The thing handles awsome, but rides a bit rougher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor