New guy here from Kentucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2008
My names Erik and I have an '85 Cutlass Supreme Brougham edition and I live in Glasgow, KY.

Not new to cars at all. I've been into drag racing for quite some time but would like to do something different with the Cutlass. I'm torn between a turbo small block or a high spinning big block. It will be a six speed car, I know that for sure. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't row some gears.

Anyone been in my shoes before? I'd hoping to get alot of info from the guys running t-56s in these cars, as well as the big block guys. I havent heard of alot of people swapping either into a G-body very often.

Laters!
Erik Wyatt

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
sounds like a really fun project i wish i could be more help to you. Ha i would do a big block for one reason....i want one. haha i have no other reasons behind it. Welcome to the site erik

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome to the forum Erik!

Big block swaps are pretty simple, I've done a few of them now. Small block swaps are a piece of cake. There are a few guys around here with T56's.

What engine/trans combo is in your ride currently? Switching from a stock V8 to a V8 that's actually fun is a little less work than switching from a V6 to a V8. It's all pretty straight forward and everything fits with very little, if any modification. One of the best parts about G-bodies is the interchangablity of parts.

Should be a fun project either way you go.

How about some pictures for us? We all love pictures! :D

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Welcome to the forum man. We've got he same kinda idea's here. This summer I plan on a 454 with a T56 in my LS. Be glad to share any info I find with ya. Until then there should be some other guy's on here that have stuff goin on for you. Good to have you aboard.

Nov 5, 2008
Thanks guys!

I will get some pictures up here in the next couple of days. The car is so dirty from where it's been sitting the past year. On top of that, it's originally an Ohio car so it has a good amount of rust on it.

It's a stock 307 with a 200 transmission. The only mods on it are some half-*ss exhaust I had made when I was 15, and then a nifty cd player mount I had done a year later.

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor