New guy here in WA state with 1980 Olds Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup, I know it. Not sure if there are any similar places close by you or not but I picked up a set of Appliance caps from Hubcap World in Portland. Thought maybe if you were in the Vancouver area it'd be local-ish.

Reactions: 1 user

Cletus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2017
Sedro Woolley, WA.
Yup, I know it. Not sure if there are any similar places close by you or not but I picked up a set of Appliance caps from Hubcap World in Portland. Thought maybe if you were in the Vancouver area it'd be local-ish.
Couple salvage yards that I haven't been unfortunate enough to have to dig around in. Mostly when I'm looking for something cool and unusual I surf Craigslist and Ebay.

Going to have to measure to see for sure but I think they are a common size, probably just find something cheap on the web that fits them and doesn't look terrible.

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Buick 455? I request pics. :D

Cletus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2017
Sedro Woolley, WA.
Buick 455? I request pics. :D

This is before and during the work, I'll have to get another pic to show what it looks like now. (way better, when I had everything off the engine the parts all got cleaned and repainted) I had to replace the timing cover, oil pump, cam, and distributor gear, and while I was into it I pulled the heads to swap those to a better set of earlier heads that I had machined and had stage 1 valves and aftermarket springs installed in. The aftermarket parts all came from TA Performance, the cam is a TA 413 (Crower, 234/244 dur @.05, .500 valve lift) I'll try to get an "after" picture posted tonight or tomorrow.

Buick 455 before.jpg
Buick 455 during.jpg
Buick 455 during 2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor