New guy here with 2 Malibus...pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Hey guys/girls. Just thought I would post here to let everyone know I am here. I love my g-bodys (or A bodys depending on who you ask) and am working to make them what I want.

Here is my 79 Bu that is transforming from a 383 street/strip setup to a 350 TPI / 700R4 daily driver.

MVC-001F.jpg

Here is my 78 Bu that I am in the process of transforming into a bad street/drag car. It will be powered by a 496BBC and a high helix 6-71 blower.

MVC-010F.jpg

My poor excuse of a tire mockup before I got my new slicks and wheels. I can fit a 29.5 x 10.5W tire in there ;)

yellowcar.jpg

If you guys would like to know anything else about my projects or have any questions feel free to ask.

lata
CHRIS

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Doober said:
It's good to see you're making progress on the yellow car. What do you have planned for that suspension that's on it?

Thanks man. Granted progress has been slow with the economy and me moving from TN to NC but we are getting there.

Do you know of the car from before? Right now it has a 2x3 chassis from the firewall back and has truck arm rear suspension on it. I am gutting out the rear suspension setup and putting in a ladder bar setup and a fabricated 9inch rear with wheelie bars. Car has a 10point cage which I may have to update to get it legal to 8.50s.

Here are a few more pics of the rear frame section and what I am having to get rid of...haha

new12.jpg

new15.jpg

lata
CHRIS

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
:shock: That yellow one has some interesting wheel arches on it.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
jrm81bu said:
:shock: That yellow one has some interesting wheel arches on it.

Haha yeah you are right... Good eye.... They have been raised 4-5 inches front and rear. Nice huh.

lata
CHRIS

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Doober said:
riceca said:
Doober said:
It's good to see you're making progress on the yellow car. What do you have planned for that suspension that's on it?
Do you know of the car from before?

Yup, from MalibuRacing.com :)

OH ok! hahah sweet. I havent done too much too it since those pics. I gathered up everything to build the engine. Just got to get the block machined... Hoping to use some of the money i am getting from selling motor/trans out of the burgundy car to buy some suspension parts for the yellow car.

lata
CHRIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor