New guy here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2008
L.B.C. Canada
hey everyone, I've had a couple Grand prix', right now I've got an 84' Grand Prix with a 305cid chevy smallblock
-bored .30 over to a 310cid (3.766)
-stroke is the same as 350cid at 3.48
-Scat forged con rods with ARP bolts
-Fully balanced
-main caps strapped with grade 8 studs
-11.3:1 ratio with KB forged pistons
-ARP head stud kit
-1.6 compcam magnum roller tip rockers
-ARP screw in rocker studs
-compcam pushrod guide plates
-speedpro forged valves 1.94 intake and 1.50 exhuast
-full port/polish job on heads
-Compcam magnum 280h cam .512int/ext with the rockers (i want to go bigger!!)
-Edelbrock RPM Air-gap intake
-Edelbrock valve covers
-Edelbrock timing chain cover
-Edelbrock Victor series water pump
-Double roller timing chain
-Moroso fuel pump push rod
-Holly 110 gph fuel pump
-highflow oil pump with moroso oil pickup
-Moroso deep sump oil pan (takes 8.5 litres of oil)
-ARP bolt kit
-Holly 600cfm four barrel street\strip ( i need to go with a 650cfm because im getting more gas then air)
-B&M flywheel
-high performance starter
-MSD Street Pro-Billet distributor
-MSD Blaster SS Coil
-MSD Ignition Box, MSD 6A
-K&N X-Stream Air Flow
-100amp chrome Alternator
-Flowtech headers (worst headers in the world)
-new Motor Mounts
-Eaton posi
-4:10 gear ratio
-Moser axle's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768013

Ivan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2008
Ohio
Nice GP u have. Can't wait to see the interior when you finish. You're doing a good job.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Interesting build up. Kinda cool to say you have just been spanked by an ole 305. Have you made it down to ye ole test & tune yet for a slip with some numbers on it?

Mar 3, 2008
L.B.C. Canada
well i havent takin it to the track yet, hopefully this summer i can. i havent really had the time or the funds to really finish the car lately. As for the suspension, theres a 1.5inch drop front and rear with an ebach kit, poly bushings front and rear and the rear upper and lower trailing arms have been boxed in.
the car should be pushing close to 350hp give or take a little but then again ill know what it really is once i get it tested. theres lots more i gotta do.
Almost forgot, it looks a lil bit differant under the hood now, i redid the rad support and got some custom parts machined up for it at work. theres no pictures up yet but i'll be adding them soon

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
nice lookin car welcome to the site!

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome! Nice car and motor! That is a bad AZZZZ 305. Good job.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
8) i kinda like that you kept the 305, but worked the sh*t out of it. :twisted: what heads are you using?
what don't you like about flowtechs?

Mar 3, 2008
L.B.C. Canada
well the head im using are the stock 305 heads, they have a 58cc chamber. im use 1.94 intake and 1.5 exhuast. the heads are ported to allmost max. 1.6 rockers roller tipped. threaded rocker stud, and pushrod guides. there was also some machine work done to them. so about the flowtech headers... there good if you dont want to spend alot of money but in the end you get what you pay for. i'v also got header wrap on the headers, it keeps it nice and cool under the hood becuse the little 305 gets hot fast but not too hot. it usally stays around 185- 190.. the 305 is not that bad of a motor to build., you can also get a wicked stroker kit for them from speedomotive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor