New guy in AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Whats up guys I thought i'd make a formal intro, I'm new to the site but not new to gbodys. I've owned a 81 Elco and a 88 SS Monte in the past and I have a ton of friends and family memebers that own them. My daily driven Scion TC was recently totaled in an auto accident and I decided to buy another elco to take its place. I did a lot of searching on craigslist which lead me to a clean 87 about 1.5 hours from my home. He wanted 2k for the car but I talked him down to $1,350 :D .

The car was pretty much all original besides the wheels that were on it. It has the 305 v8 engine with 140k og miles. working A/C and heat, with just a few parking lot dings on the body.

So far I added new wheels (17" Irocs) a Pioneer CD player, and an alarm. I ordered a Grant wood wheel and a steering column billet dress up kit. After I get back from my honeymoon (in a couple weeks) I will be putting a rebuilt 305 engine in the car, dual exhaust, new carpet, headliner, door panles, visors, seat upholstery, cowl hood, lower front air dam, bed rails and a fresh paint job.

ELCOFRONT.jpg

ELCOPASS2.jpg

ELCOBACK.jpg

Elcoint.jpg

DubShow013.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
looks great and for a good price too! nice find

A1Yola

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2008
Aww man congratulations! /salute that camino is so sweet an d for the price you cant beat it. I have a friend offering 1200$ just for a body like that.. Very clean ride man!!!

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Thanks guys, I still have a long way to go untill i get the car up to my standards but it's definatly a good base for me to start from...here are a few updated photo's with the bed rails and a few interior upgrades. I did the headliner myself, I think it came out ok for it being my first time.

DSC02232.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

3099926_4_full.jpg

3099926_3_full.jpg

Before
3099926_10_full.jpg

After
3099926_11_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor